• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sync button on Power Widget: Menu analog of it?

Marc_G

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I accidentally turned off syncing of Gmail by clicking off the sync button on the Power Widget. I didn't know what I was doing at the time, and some hours later I notice mail wasn't syncing.

See my panic thread here:
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-su...gmail-doesnt-go-inbox-cause-notification.html

It took a while to backtrack and correct the problem since nowhere in the various Settings menus could I find the Gmail Sync options... they seem to go away when that Sync button has been toggled off.

Where in the various menus would I find whatever setting is toggled by that Sync button on the power widget? Or, is that widget button the ONLY way to turn the Gmail syncing back on, short of a complete factory reset? I can't believe there's no menu option for it, though I haven't found it yet.

Marc

Interestingly I don't seem to have that on my droidx with 2.2.1 software.

I go into settings and see just accounts, not accounts and sync. In that there's no autosync. If I choose an account I see the sync mail/contacts etc options only if I've turned on sync via widget.

What could I be missing?

Interesting... I'm not running the stock software, I've got GummyJAR which removes a lot of Motorola's modifications to the phone. They must have modified that section and somehow removed the sync option.

I can't imagine why but without that option I'm guessing the only way you can turn sync on and off is with the widget.

It's very strange. If the only way to toggle it on (when off) is via the widget, that's kind of scary. And there are separate stand alone widgets for wifi, plane mode, GPS but not sync. Very strange.

Marc

Back
Top Bottom