• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root System Crash

downeaststudio

Oh great keepers of the android! I need some serious help. I downloaded Clockworkmod from the app store and tried to install cyanogen mod7 on my MyTouch. At first all seemed fine, but when my phone started to reboot now it stays stuck at the boot screen for about 5 to 10 minutes and then the system crashes.
Can anyone out there help me get my phone up and running again? I don't mind if I have to reinstall the stock rom.
Thanks.

Weird,tried to do the same thing with a cm7 link that someone posted on the XDA forums and ended up having the same problem that you did. Good thing i had Clockworkmod on there lol.

Back to the topic, If your pc has a micro sd slot inside you can manually download it into your sd card. When you do, you can use the instructions on this link. Helped out a lot xD
T-Mobile Support Community: Master reset using hardware keys - T-Mobile myTouch
Btw, Did you make a backup of your phone before you put in the cm7 thing?
If you did just fully the instructions on the link and go to back up and restore when the clockworkmod screen shows then restore. Took like 3-5 mins for me

Yeah I did back up the rom. The master reset instructions you provided are for the mytouch by htc, I have the one by lg. I guess for that one there is no master reset using the hardware keys.

Ok, so I followed the instructions for performing a master reset and nothing happens. It still stays stuck at the boot screen. Suggestions?

Oh wow... I' be been doing some research and seem to get the impression that the rom needs to be saved in the root folder on my sd card... Mine is not.... Could that be the problem?

The rom can be placed anywhere inside your SD card, It should go into the clockworkmod boot screen if you did the master reset sequence right :\

I think I'm doing the reset sequence correctly... Press and hold the power button and the volume down button together... Then press and hold the menu and back keys... When you see the LG symbol on the screen release the power key... After the symbol blinks release the last three keys.

I got it to run CM7 today! Hey thanks for your help, I'm re-downloading the copy of the stock rom and am downloading the current nightly build of CM7. Gonna play around a bit.

Hey, I tried to reinstall the stock rom from the copy you sent me, but it keeps giving me an error message. Was the file created from the backup image that you created of your device?

Yeah, I figured that out. I actually had to move the file into the clockwork mod backup file before it would work. I liked the CM7 ROM better, but it was missing a lot of features like the market link and my speaker stopped working after I installed it.

In my opinion, Its better to wait until someone makes the rom more stable, or until the devs at cm actually make an official rom for it (which i hope they do) xD

Back
Top Bottom