• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System screen saver.. On a moto edge plus..

why don't you use live wallpapers instead? zedge has a great selection of them.
I am not talking about that, but know how the clock is the system screen saver though, I kind of wonder if it is nearly impossible to change it though, and for the boot screen would love to have Zelda's infamous sword.

Upvote 0
The OP is referring to Daydream, once a standard feature of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and made it to subsequent versions but given the increasing lack of customization lately I'd not be surprised if it got axed.

As for changing the boot animation, you need root for that. That's even harder today than in the glory days of 2009. Being a moto, however, there are instructions online on their site to unlock the bootloader which is required for root, even though it's quite a process. Unfortunately, I never could make the boot animations make sound since version 6.0 Marshmallow. I think the code got axed as well--since I attempted to make a very TouchWiz-themed ROM run on my Nexus 6 years back and even though I successfully got the Samsung Galaxy SII boot animation to play, no sound ever played. It was one of the best boot animations around:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JCX0DzJDTk0

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones