• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help System Update?

Hello everyone i'm new here, I just need a bit of help please! :)

I just got a System Update through, but nothing really changed? I was already on Firmware 4.2.2 and now my system has updated im still on 4.2.2 all I got were some new apps so what was the whole point of the update and why did I randomly get it tonight?

Thanks for any help I appreciate it very much :)

EDIT: im on EE UK could it possibly be my carrier just updating/adding some of the pre installed software that comes with the phone as my phone is not rooted?

Welcome to Android Forums. :)

I was already on Firmware 4.2.2 and now my system has updated im still on 4.2.2 all I got were some new apps so what was the whole point of the update and why did I randomly get it tonight?

Sony publish updates to incorporate OS patches/fixes as well as updatign core apps; the .67 firmware (which is what I assume you've received) is based on the most recent 4.2.2 codebase.

im on EE UK could it possibly be my carrier just updating/adding some of the pre installed software
Negative. EE use generic UK firmware; this is purely a Sony update.

Welcome to Android Forums. :)

Sony publish updates to incorporate OS patches/fixes as well as updatign core apps; the .67 firmware (which is what I assume you've received) is based on the most recent 4.2.2 codebase.

Negative. EE use generic UK firmware; this is purely a Sony update.

okay thats great thank you! Just checking my phones not broke or anything! Thanks again for your help!

Back
Top Bottom