• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ABRMess006

Dec 30, 2010
Londonderry, NH
So a few days ago, my battery died (what a suprise) I have the OE Rezound battery. Been working great for a while, but noticed it seem to slowly get worse and worse. Well, plugged it in and noticed it the charge light wouldn't stop blinking red. I let it sit overnight to charge, in the morning though, it wouldn't turn on at all. The battery did get extremely hot too. Figured the battery crapped the bed so I went back to my stock battery. Few days later, battery died again, just wasn't near a charger. I plugged it in, blinked for a minute or so then went solid. I turned it on and got a message saying, current charge not enough or something then the phone died again. Tried multiple chargers at this point and wouldn't stop blinking. The next morning, same thing, completely dead. I brought it to the Verizon store where the guy checked the batteries and tried resetting the phone and even used a charger he had which he said was a powerful charger? Still nothing, I thought it might have been the batteries just going bad but he said the phone is completely dead. Not sure exactly what happened but luckily the kid I traded the phone with bought the extended warranty so I have a new one coming in tomorrow...

Just kind of curious if anyone else has had this problem in the past... Everyone else I know that has the tbolt doesn't have a single issue besides battery life of course, I have always had "good luck" with this stuff lol. My buddy mentioned I'll be the first one to get a virus on an iPhone lol

Either way, thanks for any info, hopefully this "new" one will be better.

FYI

The phone was rooted at one point via Revolutionary root method, I brought it back to stock and it worked fine for months after, could it have been charging it through my PC sometimes which I have done in the past when I forget my charger somewhere?

Got the new p[hone all set up, working great besides the fact that last night when I went to connect to WiFi, I went into settings>wireless and networks, and where it says WiFi, right under it, it says Error. The box is unchecked. when I go to check it, it grays out for about 10 seconds trying to connect then just says Error again... hmmm, maybe gotta return this one too???

Upvote 0
Got the new p[hone all set up, working great besides the fact that last night when I went to connect to WiFi, I went into settings>wireless and networks, and where it says WiFi, right under it, it says Error. The box is unchecked. when I go to check it, it grays out for about 10 seconds trying to connect then just says Error again... hmmm, maybe gotta return this one too???

The wifi is probably broken. I had that issue on my old one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones