• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile 30 plan minutes

Must be nice. I purchased a T-Mobile branded S3 today from Amazon in almost brand new condition from a great seller. Only thing is, it's unlocked. So will this be an issue for me being unlocked?

Can I just start up an account on T-Mobile and plug in a Sim card, considering it's a T-Mobile branded device? Will I have to do any kind of reprogramming or anything like that? And the 30 dollar plan still supports LTE or no?

Nope, being unlocked won't be an issue. Get the prepaid SIM + Activation Kit (either from Walmart or online), pop it in your device and follow the instructions with the kit to activate, and choose the $30 plan. Since the device was already configured for T-Mobile, you shouldn't have to adjust the APN settings, but here they are just in case.

And yes, the $30 plan does support LTE. :thumbup:

Just a heads up, bright spot mobile which uses T-Mobile's towers has a plan for $35 which includes 300 minutes unlimited text and 3gb of unthrotled data.

And every 6 months with bright spot you get a $25 target gift card.

thanks a lot guys :) there's a Walmart by me that carries that Sim Activation kit and I'm gonna purchase it when the phone arrives.

I'm assuming btw now that you mention it I can use the phone on Brightspot if I wanted? On an unlocked phone, can you switch between carriers with no problems?

thanks a lot guys :) there's a Walmart by me that carries that Sim Activation kit and I'm gonna purchase it when the phone arrives.

I'm assuming btw now that you mention it I can use the phone on Brightspot if I wanted? On an unlocked phone, can you switch between carriers with no problems?

Yes, you can use the phone on Brightspot though, the one negative, Brightspot plans do not have LTE.

On an unlocked phone you can switch to any carrier that is compatible with the phone; typically (for a GSM phone) this is going to be AT&T or T-Mobile and their MVNOs. With a few phones, such as the Nexus 5, it is also possible to switch to Sprint.

Well, I think I will try T-Mobile first :) So regarding the 100 minutes... I know one user mentioned they had an extra 30 dollars on their account for more minutes. Does anyone know how many more minutes you could get out of a 10 dollar refill, 20, and 30?

Overage is 10 cents a minute and it deducts them as you use them. So that would mean than 10 dollars gets you 100 spare minutes.

Well, I think I will try T-Mobile first :) So regarding the 100 minutes... I know one user mentioned they had an extra 30 dollars on their account for more minutes. Does anyone know how many more minutes you could get out of a 10 dollar refill, 20, and 30?

After you use up the 100 minutes included with the plan, additional minutes are billed against the credit balance on your account at 10 cents per minute. So if you have an extra $10 on your account, you could get an extra 100 minutes. $20 would get you 200 additional, and $30 would get you 300 additional.

Thanks a lot guys :) that's actually more than I thought. I should be okay then. I don't talk on the phone much, but I definitely use more than 100 minutes a month. That's still a great deal, though.

Back
Top Bottom