• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root T-Mobile G386TUVU1ANK3 Stock

Masterchief87

Android Expert
Hello all, I've put together a flashable stock ROM for the T-Mobile Avant. This could be useful if you messed something up and dont have a nandroid backup and you don't feel like having to reflash the whole firmware with Odin and then reinstall TWRP or CWM.

This is not a flashable update.If your phone hasn't already been updated to G386TUVU1ANK3 then WiFi won't work on this ROM.

THIS ROM IS 100% FACTORY STOCK FOR T-MOBILE ONLY AND IS NOT PRE-ROOTED.
FLASHING THIS ROM OVER TOP OF THE METROPCS FIRMWARE WILL CAUSE WIFI TO QUIT WORKING.
I didn't include root because pre-rooting the rom will also keep WiFi from working and it is very easy to flash SuperSU after flashing the ROM.

It is important to turn the phone back on and let it sit for a few minutes before doing your setup. If you are going to root It is necessary to let the phone boot up at least once and sit for a few minutes before rebooting back into recovery to flash SuperSU and then doing your setup after rooting.

I am not responsible for thermonuclear war, the death of your pet, or anything that may happen to your phone. You are choosing to flash this at your own risk. I have tested this ROM thoroughly and have not had any problems with it.

Instructions:
[1] Factory reset
[2] Flash ROM
[3] Reboot phone
[4] Let it sit for a few minutes
[5] Flash SuperSU for root
[6] Set up your accounts and apps

ROM Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h0861b4022pzmvb/T-Mobile_G386TUVU1ANK3_stock.zip

SuperSU flashable zip
Download: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu

Last edited:
Hello all, I've put together a flashable stock ROM for the T-Mobile Avant. This could be useful if you messed something up and dont have a nandroid backup and you don't feel like having to reflash the whole firmware with Odin and then reinstall TWRP or CWM.

THIS ROM IS 100% FACTORY STOCK AND IS NOT PRE-ROOTED.
I didn't include root because pre-rooting the rom keeps WiFi from working and it is very easy to flash SuperSU after flashing the ROM.

I am not responsible for thermonuclear war, the death of your pet, or anything that may happen to your phone. You are choosing to flash this at your own risk. I have tested this ROM thoroughly and have not had any problems with it.

Instructions:
[1] Factory reset
[2] Flash ROM
[3] Reboot phone
[4] Let it sit for a few minutes
[5] Flash SuperSU for root

ROM Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h0861b4022pzmvb/T-Mobile_G386TUVU1ANK3_stock.zip

SuperSU flashable zip
Download: http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
Think you could post a Metro one? Please and thanks!

Ok I'll embark on that tonight. So wipe, flash stock, reboot to full startup, then back to recovery to flash super su, then set up the system. After that can I flash some of your debloat zips? Like the one that removes Knox?
Yeah, just keep in mind I'll be releasing updated stock roms soon so its up to you to decide if you want to flash it now or wait a few days.

Yeah, just keep in mind I'll be releasing updated stock roms soon so its up to you to decide if you want to flash it now or wait a few days.
Is there a way to get aod7 ( for the LTE updated bands) on my ank3, without losing root, or recovery? And remember I dont have PC access....

Is there a way to get aod7 ( for the LTE updated bands) on my ank3, without losing root, or recovery? And remember I dont have PC access....
After trying to figure this out all day today I've came to the conclusion that the only way to update your baseband is by flashing the official firmware with Odin on a PC. What's more, you also have to get your phone back to official status before the new baseband will stick. What I had to do was flash the firmware that went along with my current baseband version and then do a factory reset and then flash it again then do another factory reset, then flash the firmware I wanted to update to, and then finally reinstall twrp and root again. It is a royal pain in the ass and I won't be wasting any more time working on this.

After trying to figure this out all day today I've came to the conclusion that the only way to update your baseband is by flashing the official firmware with Odin on a PC. What's more, you also have to get your phone back to official status before the new baseband will stick. What I had to do was flash the firmware that went along with my current baseband version and then do a factory reset and then flash it again then do another factory reset, then flash the firmware I wanted to update to, and then finally reinstall twrp and root again. It is a royal pain in the ass and I won't be wasting any more time working on this.
Thx for the effort dude. Sorry about the dead end. Thank goodness my baseband seems ok, the LTE towers near me operate on band 4.... So I'm good.

Back
Top Bottom