• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T Mobile Sim Card

chili dude96

Oct 31, 2012
Hey guys, I am considering getting a t mobile sim card plan, but that means I have to buy my own phone. I don't know much about phones and all I am able to find are 5 year old unlocked phones. Any suggestions for modern, unlocked smartphones, preferably with 4g and wireless n. I'd like to not have to spend more than $100, but tell me what is realistic.

Hey guys, I am considering getting a t mobile sim card plan, but that means I have to buy my own phone. I don't know much about phones and all I am able to find are 5 year old unlocked phones. Any suggestions for modern, unlocked smartphones, preferably with 4g and wireless n. I'd like to not have to spend more than $100, but tell me what is realistic.

My suggestions would be to either buy the Nexus 4 from Google or a Galaxy S2 from Walmart. Though the S2 is a T-Mobile monthly phone and comes with both the SIM card and a $30 prepaid card.

If you want something different, such as a Galaxy S3, Note 2, or HTC One S, then you can buy the phones from a T-Mobile store, but you will need to pay full price.

Of course, these phones are all cost much more than $100. To get a "modern" phone will cost more than $100. If you want to pay less than $100 you will need to buy a contract phone, but that also means paying the higher monthly fees that come with a contract.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones