• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tab not turning on

hotshot95

Lurker
So I got this samsung galaxy tab 3 from my brother yesterday, he didn't use it too much, about 2 weeks in total and didn't recharge it but once. When I got it out of the box and tried to turn it on nothing happened. When I tried to charge it, the wall charger makes some strange noise, I changed wall charger since I got another one from my phone, the usb cable, also tried putting the sony wall charger to see if the same thing happens and yes, that sound still goes on, what could be the problem? Thank you.

You have to use the original charger. Also, the "sound" could be a problem with the electrical outlet or the tablet. Have you tried different outlets or maybe at a friend's house?

I held the power button for more than a minute and nothing, also I left the tablet charging with the original charger over night to see if it works, still nothing, I will try to charge it in a different power outlet to see if that works, will reply as soon as possible.

So I tried charging the tab from another power outlet and still nothing, any more suggestions, would appreciate it, thank you.

I did it after some time, I just plugged it in and it started charging, don't know how but it works, thank god :D thank you all for helping me, though, appreciate it.

I did it after some time, I just plugged it in and it started charging, don't know how but it works, thank god :D thank you all for helping me, though, appreciate it.

Glad it's ok now.

I went through a similar issue. Mine went "dead" and I used another charger and it didn't work. I went back to the original charger and it finally awoke and started charging. You have to use the original charger with this tab. Other chargers won't work properly.

I just had a very similar problem with my tab 3 10.1 where I forgot to charge it & tried later but it wouldn't start up on any other plug except its own one? Strange how much power is needed to charge it from flat but that is definitely the way to get it back going again

Back
Top Bottom