• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet fails!!!

So I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and I also have another Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. For some reason my Note will not charge at all. Once I got the low battery box when I plugged in my charger but now that is not happening at all. I cant charge it and it wont turn on. I ruled out the charger because it still works. I tested it on my older Tab. Could there be another reason this might be happening and is there a way to fix it? I have tried everything I could think of so far and tried what I could find online. I let it sit in a car for about 2 hours on accident. Could the heat have done something to it?

There are about 2 possibilities:

1) One or more pins on the microUSB connector aren't soldered to the board (or the solder job was so bad that they no longer make contact with thr board). They can be resoldered.

2) Something is wrong with the charging circuitry. Unless the device is under warranty, is may not pay to fix it. (The charge for the diagnosis would probably come close to to the price of the tablet.)

Back
Top Bottom