• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet not showing certain apps

Geedub85

Lurker
Received my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition on Friday there and noticed it doesn't have icons in the Apps menu for some preloaded applications like Google Play Books etc. The strange thing is they are installed on the device as you will see in the screenshots. I can open then by going into the Google Play store searching for the app and rather than getting "install" I get an open button which opens up the app and it works perfectly.

I have tried restoring device to factory defaults via the option in the settings menu.
I have tried restoring device using Kies. It downloaded the firmware and installed it on the device.

I have looked repeatedly in the apps menu for the icons and I'm certain they're not there. I have even taken a screen shot of the menu as there is only one page.

Screenshots below

15q5gmu.png

2ikfols.png

303hl6s.png

I hope I do not offend by asking a basic question but have you checked within the 3 folders in the above screen shot? That is, the 3 sets of overlaid icons with a semi-oval at their lower edge - 'Samsung', 'Galaxy Plus' and 'Google'.
Found them! That's exactly where they were.

I just assumed all the icons would be separate so wasn't looking for a folder as that's how they were set out on my Galaxy S4

Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom