• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet version on phone?

Quazsoh

Lurker
Hey! I had a Note 10 that got smashed to bits, so I have to use my Note 9 until it gets fixed.

I use some apps at work and one of the apps you have to use a tablet version in order to do my job.

My note could do this just fine, but for some reason my Note 9 just won't... I've tried fiddling around with the app settings and also looked through developer options but I can't find a workaround for this. Anyone have any experience with this? Any tips? I'm sick of lugging this tablet with me everywhere I go.

Yeah sorry if I was unclear. The app has two versions. The phone version has limited features, while the tablet version has all the features you need.

Like I said, for some reason the app treated my Note 10 as a tablet and I could use all the features. While it detects my Note 9 as a phone and I only have some of the features available.

So what I'm wondering is of theres a way to force the app to run the tablet version.

The app in question is very niche btw it's called "task reporter" so I'm not expecting anyone to have any experience with that particular app, just general ways to force tablet sofware versions on phones.

it could be the older phone is on an older android os. or that the devs stopped supporting the note 9 and only allowed certain features. you might want to contact the developers for the app and see what they say.

I don't see this on the play store. I can't even find an apk of it. Is it an outdated app?
No, but like I said it's only for employees and partners of the company, so probably not publicly available. Like I said, I was more looking for a solution to in general make the phone appear as a tablet to apps.

No, but like I said it's only for employees and partners of the company, so probably not publicly available. Like I said, I was more looking for a solution to in general make the phone appear as a tablet to apps.

I've never heard of such a thing, and probably isn't possible, not without some sort of hacking and modifying of the phone's firmware.

I'm thinking it's the app itself needs to be fixed and updated, so it can work to it's full potential and features with Android versions. Which is something only the app's devs can do, that's it.

How are other company employees and partners managing with this app on their phones?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom