• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet will not turn on/charge + other problems

Hey, first post here, let me know if I did something wrong.

My Nexus 7 Asus tablet (2013) has a few problems with it that I cannot pinpoint.

The first thing I noticed is it will not turn on. I was using it last night and let the battery get to 1%. It was plugged in, but I had to hold the charger in funny positions for it to send a connection. I turned it off manually so I could work the problem out in the morning.

It would not turn back on when I tried pressing the power button. I plugged it in with a different charger (I could not use the original because I got the tablet in America, and live in the UK, therefore the charger is for an American socket) but it still did not charge. I tried holding the power button down for a full minute, but still nothing, not even the little charging screen.

I noticed that the charger is very loose when I insert it into the port, wiggling around if I so much as shake the tablet gently. I don't recall dropping the tablet while charging, but I have definitely dropped the tablet a few times without the charger in it. It does not seem to go fully into the port, either, my dad noticed.

If I tap the back of the tablet near the back camera, I hear a rattle. I do not hear this if I tap on the bottom of it. When I am using the tablet, I hear frequent buzzing and electrical noises. Is this normal? It started doing so noticeably maybe a month or two ago.

I have tried a force boot up (power button and volume down? Or have I done this wrong?) and still nothing happens. Because the tablet cannot be opened up, we cannot try to reinsert the battery or fix the position of the micro-USB port.

I have read about a lot of other people with the same 'cannot turn on tablet and it won't charge' problem, but not anything about the buzzing or rattling noises. These rattling noises can also faintly be heard during use.

I have owned this tablet since about the end of 2013, and have not backed up any of my data.

I have Flappy Bird on there.

I would prefer not to have to perform a factory restart, but if I absolutely must, the option is there.

Further question: is there a way I can back up my data without having to turn the tablet on (for obvious reasons)?

Thanks in advance,

Back
Top Bottom