• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tablet won't go into recovery mode and crashes when OS stars

Tim Bakker

Lurker
Hello everyone.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7 and I am trying to get some new firmware on it because the one on it now keeps shutting down the tablet.

I already tried to root the system with TWRP but this isn't working anymore. Can't acces the recovery section anymore and when the operating systems starts up the device keeps recognizing it as a new one and I have to put in the time and date, my name, etc. etc.

When I do this the tablet starts up, but after a few minutes the tablet crashes.

I really dont know what to do, is there anyone out there who is willing to help me?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Bakker

Hello everyone.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7 and I am trying to get some new firmware on it because the one on it now keeps shutting down the tablet.

I already tried to root the system with TWRP but this isn't working anymore. Can't acces the recovery section anymore and when the operating systems starts up the device keeps recognizing it as a new one and I have to put in the time and date, my name, etc. etc.

When I do this the tablet starts up, but after a few minutes the tablet crashes.

I really dont know what to do, is there anyone out there who is willing to help me?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Bakker
Try putting it into download mode and flash the latest 4.4.2 update through odin and see if that fixes anything.

How do I do this exactly? I know how to go into download mode and partially how to use Odin but how do I flash the latest update (and how do I get it?).

How do I do this exactly? I know how to go into download mode and partially how to use Odin but how do I flash the latest update (and how do I get it?).
If you go to sammobile.com you can find firmware for your specific model that you can download. For there you should use Odin 3.07, open it up, click pda and chose the zip of the firmware you just downloaded, make sure only auto reboot and force reset time are checked and then start.

I am downloading the file mentioned needed from sammobile and will get back to you as soon as I finished the steps you mentioned above.

The same thing as before happens.

My tablet starts and it says upgrading Android. A total of 20 apps are upgraded and then I have to setup all the things like language, name, wifi connection etc.

I also get notifications all the time saying service x has stopped.

Sometimes I dont even finish the setup, and sometimes I make it till the begin screen of the tablet where the apps are show etc, but the tablet always crashes and the whole proces described above starts again.

I don't know what to say then. I have a similar problem with apps force closing and whatnot that I still haven't. You might have to send it to Samsung to check it out.

Hey bro. To fix the crash flash twrp recovery via oden then install a custom rom and firmware. Nut you might want to cheak your divice status you most likley have a null imei

But very very important. Before flashing any twrp img. Make a back up using twrp mod first. Then transfer recovery img from internal to your external sd card

Im still working on this problem. So far i got my sm-t217s to stablize. But with null imei still their and no sound. Internet or bluetooth not working at all. Restoring imei should fix this. Note samsung sagests geek sqad can reflash/restore. I haven't called them yet because im a developer so i wont pay someone to do my job lol

Back
Top Bottom