• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Takes too long to boot/Accessing camera quickly?

breecat

Lurker
Hi folks - A new user here, and this is actually my first smart phone too. I really like it so far, but one thing is bothering me which I haven't found referenced in the forums:

When I turn the phone on, it takes about 40-45 seconds for all the splash screens (VM and Samsung) to finish loading/playing, before it actually gets to my Home page. This seems like a really long time to load!

Is this a normal load time, or is there anything I can do to speed things up?

I can live with it, but I have one related concern: If I want to take a picture quickly (which is one thing I bought the phone for), it seems like I simply won't be able to, because of having to wait so long for the device to come on.

Are there any shortcuts to getting to the camera?

Thanks!

Instead of shutting the phone completely down when you're not using it consider just locking the phone (quickly clicking the power/lock key) or putting it into airplane mode.

Hi 13jpgbass - Thanks for the reply. I think I will try that. I've been all nervous about running down the battery since I got the thing last week, but I'm beginning to see that it doesn't run down that fast. I'll keep it on this evening (with wifi, etc off) and see how it does. That would work far better for my photo taking needs: quick shots of birds and critters in urban/ suburban settings - they don't sit still for long! :D

Back
Top Bottom