• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tea is better than Coffee

I'm a coffee guy , my favorite brand was Yuban extra bold....... the only time and way i drink Tea is cold, can't stand hot tea.... yuck yuck yuck.

when i say cold Tea i mean something like Brisk tea.
I'm the opposite. I can drink coffee at any temperature (probably because I so often leave it to go cold before I remember to drink it!), but tea has to be hot: cold tea is utterly foul. I tried cold green tea a few years back, to see if that worked better, but I ended up pouring most of it away.

This may be a cultural thing: I understand that iced tea is popular in the USA, so people probably get exposed to it early/often enough to develop a liking. Very few people drink it this side of the pond though, and I'm not prepared to put myself through the experience repeatedly to see whether I can develop a taste for it.

(Of course being British I've never heard of Brisk tea, so am just assuming this is some sort of iced tea.)

In my opinion, tea flavors are far more robust when served hot. The aroma of a tea is squelched when served over ice. That being said, I grew up drinking my tea over ice and it is my go to beverage. I enjoy a hot cup of tea on occasion but I have my iced tea daily.

I like my coffee hot, cold, and anywhere between. I think that is a result of taking coffee to work daily for decades and it cooling off as the day progressed. I've never had coffee over ice. I suspect I would find it acceptable as well but it seems like a waste of ice.

I got to say been drinking some tea when I am really sick, some cloves inside a tea bag, black tea with a bunch of herbs and spiaces, does the trick to clear up my partial acid reflux, and throat coat tea as well. Coffe almost every morning, and just guzzle a few glasses and kick back and drink it with milk,sometimes with creamer, coffee mate and sometimes with trivua. :)

I'm too lazy to go back and see what I surely must have posted in this thread, but I just want to toss this out: over the years, I've gone from super-sweet, very lightened coffee to barely-sweetened, quite dark coffee. A function of getting older? More sophisticated?! :D

As for this thread's subject.... NO!!!!!

My first regular job I worked for my father and uncle as a carpenter apprentice. I had a cup of my uncle's coffee in the morning (sweet) and my father's coffee in the afternoon, (black) I was told that if I didn't drink coffee I couldn't take a break so I quickly learned to like both. :) I grew up drinking tea that was sweetened during the brewing process. (the best way to add sugar to iced tea) As an adult I greatly enjoyed both drinks unsweetened. I can't imagine drinking any sweet drink and haven't since the late sixties.

I do believe that a person's pallet matures as they grow older. I moved to a more robust tea (Darjeeling) vs Lipton's bag and fresh ground Kenya AA vs Folgers coffee. I can't imagine muddying either drink with a sweetener or creamer. Everyone's tastes differ and I respect that. No sweet drinks for me.

My first regular job I worked for my father and uncle as a carpenter apprentice. I had a cup of my uncle's coffee in the morning (sweet) and my father's coffee in the afternoon, (black) I was told that if I didn't drink coffee I couldn't take a break so I quickly learned to like both. :) I grew up drinking tea that was sweetened during the brewing process. (the best way to add sugar to iced tea) As an adult I greatly enjoyed both drinks unsweetened. I can't imagine drinking any sweet drink and haven't since the late sixties.
I hear you! Back in the day, I used to drink Coke (regular, not diet) like crazy. I'd easily down a 2-quart (yes, I mean quart, not liter!) bottle a day. Then I switched to diet as a late teenager--long, boring story there that I'll omit--and drank Tab and Fresca! By the time I was in college in the early '80s, I was very into coffee and not drinking much soda. I do love A&W Diet Cream Soda and will occasionally have that, but not often by any means.

I have my two cups of coffee in the morning, and that's that. I have a hard and fast "no caffeine after noon" rule because of my insomnia--I don't want to do anything to aggravate it. I drink flavored, sparkling water throughout the day; it's lightly carbonated--not burp-inducing like soda--and slightly sweet, and comes in all kinds of yummy flavors.

I do believe that a person's pallet matures as they grow older. I moved to a more robust tea (Darjeeling) vs Lipton's bag and fresh ground Kenya AA vs Folgers coffee. I can't imagine muddying either drink with a sweetener or creamer. Everyone's tastes differ and I respect that. No sweet drinks for me.
Now that Starbucks has become so vegan-friendly, it's possible to enjoy some of my favorite indulgences there, which I'd given up after going from vegetarian to vegan. But now it's a veritable vegan paradise! I really like their sweet, decadent, creamy drinks--but only have them 2-3 times a year! I consider them a treat, not a habit.

I don't drink water and have consumed very little in my adult life. I drink my water brewed into coffee, tea, and beer. Perhaps unhealthy but it has treated me right for over fifty years. My wife and I drink a great deal of tea.
My wife is a huge Starbucks fan. I don't know what she drinks but it is a something with a bit of this and some of that. :) I think it's a green tea based drink but I could be wrong. I know it is not a sweet drink for she is diabetic and does no sugars and is quite shy of artificial sweeteners. I've tried a cup or two of coffee there but wasn't impressed. I'm sure it is due to a lack of trying their different blends until I found the cup for me. They have to serve some yummy drinks or they wouldn't have shops all over town that are always busy.

Starbucks is an enigma to me. On the one hand, I certainly enjoy some of their products, but on the other hand, I think they're really overrated! Their prices and all their fancy-schmancy names....I don't know, it just all seems kind of silly to me. What's wrong with "medium" or "small" instead of sizes no one understands? Tall? Grande? WTF? :o

k
Starbucks is an enigma to me. On the one hand, I certainly enjoy some of their products, but on the other hand, I think they're really overrated! Their prices and all their fancy-schmancy names....I don't know, it just all seems kind of silly to me. What's wrong with "medium" or "small" instead of sizes no one understands? Tall? Grande? WTF? :eek:
As an outsider and an old man, Starbucks here seems to have a following much like a cult. About the same age patrons that seem a bit preppy to me. College age kids mostly putting on an air of sophistication. Good on them. That has to be a better environment than the bars I hung out in during my college years. :)

k

As an outsider and an old man, Starbucks here seems to have a following much like a cult. About the same age patrons that seem a bit preppy to me. College age kids mostly putting on an air of sophistication. Good on them. That has to be a better environment than the bars I hung out in during my college years. :)
Ha ha ha! :D

I definitely wasn't hanging out in any bars during my college years. For two reasons: I don't drink, and, I was too busy being a parent! :o

k

Yeah starbucks is an egnima to me as well, just a cult. Just I sshop there every soo often, andd do not ask for a stranger taller coffee with my name oon it,please jjust do me thee favor and chilll out every once a while, thouugh I pretty much times gave up on drinking straight up water, because it tires me out, I rather have tea or coffee into it, since there was not much else to search for though. A pretty much rule my mother ssaid to me when I was youunger "No food when the kittchen is closes, yoou can have water." so I drink it sometimes at night. Makes me sleepy.

Starbucks is an enigma to me. On the one hand, I certainly enjoy some of their products, but on the other hand, I think they're really overrated! Their prices and all their fancy-schmancy names....I don't know, it just all seems kind of silly to me. What's wrong with "medium" or "small" instead of sizes no one understands? Tall? Grande? WTF? :eek:
I rarely go into those places, but when I do I typically just ignore that stuff and ask for medium or large or whatever. Most have the sense to just accept that (or show me the size of the cup and ask if that's OK). Once or twice I've had one who insisted on asking whether that's a "something" or a "something else", to which I'd just reply that I can't be bothered to learn Starbucks so please just give me whichever one corresponds to a medium (or whatever it was I was after).

I'm also quite likely to just say "black coffee" (unless I'm after an espresso), rather than whatever that is in their jargon. ;)

I am a huge fan of Kenya AA coffee

I hear you! Back in the day, I used to drink Coke (regular, not diet) like crazy. I'd easily down a 2-quart (yes, I mean quart, not liter!) bottle a day. Then I switched to diet as a late teenager--long, boring story there that I'll omit--and drank Tab and Fresca! By the time I was in college in the early '80s, I was very into coffee and not drinking much soda. I do love A&W Diet Cream Soda and will occasionally have that, but not often by any means.

I have my two cups of coffee in the morning, and that's that. I have a hard and fast "no caffeine after noon" rule because of my insomnia--I don't want to do anything to aggravate it. I drink flavored, sparkling water throughout the day; it's lightly carbonated--not burp-inducing like soda--and slightly sweet, and comes in all kinds of yummy flavors.

Now that Starbucks has become so vegan-friendly, it's possible to enjoy some of my favorite indulgences there, which I'd given up after going from vegetarian to vegan. But now it's a veritable vegan paradise! I really like their sweet, decadent, creamy drinks--but only have them 2-3 times a year! I consider them a treat, not a habit.
I probably bought one of the last two cans of tab on the market, I stopped by some market in some northern Nevada town and they had tab, I grabbed two cans. Rip Tab soda :(:saddroid:

I am not a huge fan of Starbucks, most times I make coffee on the truck or buy it at truck stops. I am a big fan of the small independent coffee shops

Okay here's one for you. So a about a year or two ago, I decided to stop by a Starbucks I was bored and had nothing to do. so I walk into this Starbucks and people have their phones out and as they place their orders they wave their phones in front of the cashier. So I walk up request a cup of coffee and figure well when in Rome, I take my phone out and wave it in front of the cashier:D the cashier stares at me:thinking: so I wave it again, and I asked the cashier what's the deal with the phone waving:thinking:
They pointed to a sign that said "Apple and Google pay accepted'
I felt like an idiot
The cashier and some people in line got a laugh out it

Some random tea I decided to try

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220309-083126-013.png
    Screenshot_20220309-083126-013.png
    592.1 KB · Views: 84
Okay here's one for you. So a about a year or two ago, I decided to stop by a Starbucks I was bored and had nothing to do. so I walk into this Starbucks and people have their phones out and as they place their orders they wave their phones in front of the cashier. So I walk up request a cup of coffee and figure well when in Rome, I take my phone out and wave it in front of the cashier:D the cashier stares at me:thinking: so I wave it again, and I asked the cashier what's the deal with the phone waving:thinking:
I felt like an idiot
I just spit out my [non-Starbucks] coffee!! Thanks for a great laugh! :D :D

I felt like an idiot
This reminds me of when Google first came out with Google wallet on the Nexus 7, so circa 2012, and years before Apple pay. I think the only place that had terminals that accepted it were McDonald's and Rite Aid. Well anyway, I preordered one each for my son and myself and they came with $10 credit for Google wallet. My son was five at the time and was excited to buy himself lunch at McD's with his credit. So we go up to the counter and get him a Happy Meal, and the total pops up on the payment terminal. He unlocks his tablet, opens Google wallet, taps the terminal and pays. The cashier is looking at us like we have four heads as they clearly weren't trained on this new tech and asked me if I was going to pay with cash or card. I politely asked them to check the register and lo and behold, payment had been posted. There was a huddle of confused employees discussing the 5 year old boy with a magic tablet as we walked out with our Happy Meal. :D

My wife and daughter are the tech savvy one's in our house hold. Years ago I had the Samsung Galaxy S3. I had a few random games installed for the daughter, normally I had it set up so she could only access her apps and games.
However she got a hold of it and started going through different folders, I don't know what she did or how, but she changed the clock style and color, I suddenly had different menus, different settings for the display , sound. Then there were the endless files of code or binary stuff. She was only one or two at the time.

Anything is better than coffee.

I enjoyed my first taste of most all adult like beverages. Coffee was the exception and I thought it tasted somewhat nasty and was left wondering why it was popular. I soon grew to like it and and even crave coffee. For me it was an acquired taste. It's easy to understand why you don't like coffee.

I don't recall my first taste of tea. It was a staple beverage while growing up. I have no idea if I found it offensive at first or it was readily accepted.

Stopped by a truck stop in Baker city Oregon that carried my favorite gas station/truck stop coffee, they changed it to some other stuff:mad::maddroid::spitoutdroid:

Back
Top Bottom