• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Technical question about radio firmware

bfldworker

Android Enthusiast
As we all know for you to use a custom ROM on this phone you need to downgrade the radio firmware.
That kills off all hope with using LTE band 12.

My question is this. Why can't custom Roms use the B13 radio firmware. Is it a line of code with the Roms or does it have to do with the radio firmware it's self.

As we all know for you to use a custom ROM on this phone you need to downgrade the radio firmware.

My question is this. Why can't custom Roms use the B13 radio firmware. Is it a line of code with the Roms or does it have to do with the radio firmware it's self.
It's probably the kernel. The kernel is a kind of middle man between the hardware and software. The Roms will likely need some code change as well to support band 12

I was told ZTE never released the source

Back
Top Bottom