• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text message problems

Slaps

Any one experience a problem like this? I receive a text and before I can check it I receive another one or two texts and my phone freezes up? The text messages do not unfreeze until I receive another text if one comes in between the first one and the last one.

I'm using the stock text sms and I've done a factory reset and it works for a bit but after a while the problem comes back. I've uninstalled apps but I can't seem to find out what is causing it.

The phone's texts, phonebook and call log completely freeze for however long it takes for the other texts to come through.

Hmm, odd.

1. have you tried clearing the text app cache from settings? (will blow out your texts but then again, you probably blew them out when you did the factory reset)

2. does the problem persist if you use a different text app and disable the stock app? (I really like Handcent but there are many to choose from)

I've done the cache thing but it didn't help. I'm currently trying handcent to see if it has the same issue (gosms seemed to freeze up on me when I tried it).

Thank you for the responce. Just trying to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom