• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

text messaging issue

sure no problem. well i have chompsms installed on my phone. i don't like the stock messaging app. anyways, go to settings , developer options, limit background processes. i tried it on 3 processes at most. and my texts come threw pretty much right away.when i first got the phone it was on standard limit and that is what was killing my battery within 5 hours with no use. then when i would go to clear memory at the ram status it would close out over 49 apps... but i finally figured it out. it didn't have anything to do with the cell standby killing my battery.

if your using everything on stock with the galaxy s3 i recommend you putting the background processes on "no background processes".

it also has the option right above limit background process called do not keep activities. that kills all apps that you enter so you dont have to back out of everything. so there is no need to install a task killer on the galaxy s3.

and i do have another tip for you all out there... if your using a downloaded home replacement launcher, a way of putting a task manager widget on your phone is, long press the home screen , go to shortcuts,activites, then scroll down to task manager... there you go, there is no need to download one from the android market,google play whatever it is now. some people out there think it doesnt come with one but it does.just hard to find lol.

i'm always lookin on here for some other tips as well.cause im sure there still is things i don't know yet. i hope this helps someone out there. thanks for reading.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones