• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text reflowing in chrome

UncleMike

Android Expert
Nov 15, 2009
Central NJ
I decided to try Chrome today and am having a hard time with zooming. The stock Jelly Bean browser reflows columns of text on desktop-formatted pages so that when you double-tap to zoom, the text column fits on the screen and is a readable size. Chrome doesn't do this (by default) and I see no settings that will change this.

How do I get Chrome to work like the stock browser?

I think the simple answer is that chrome isnt good enough yet mate :(

That's certainly simple, and it may be right, but considering they're at version 26 already, it may be usable by version 314. Fancy tab displays and swiping to dismiss tabs is great and all, but what's the point if pages are unreadable? If Google were building a car it would never go anywhere because instead of putting wheels on it they would spend countless hours refining the details of the upholstery.

Upvote 0
Guys, just try Firefox.
It does amazing job with reflow.

I may do that, thanks.

i just stick with the stock jb browser. i love the quick controls feature, and i really have found no reason to switch to any 3rd party options.

The only reason I started looking at non-stock browsers is that a friend sent me a link to a Vimeo video and attempting to play the video repeatedly crashed the browser. Coincidentally, the friend uses Firefox on his mobile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones