• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help texting app locks up when hit "space" key, second time now!

FirebirdStud

Android Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I while back I posted about problems with the texting app on my DX. Old thread here:
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/336411-rooted-gb-phone-getting-angry-help.html
In a nutshell, whenever I touch the "space" key in the texting app (text messaging, facebook, any app that requires keyboard input) it closes the text box, and when I re open it, as I type the letters dont show up, or it shows some funky marks when I should be typing letters. It gets so bad that I use the period instead of the space bar, cuz every time I hit space it closes the damn text input box. It doesn't force close though.

When this happened two weeks ago, I SBF'ed back to the stock froyo, and then did the three step GingerBread process, and ended with .595. This time Im going to go to .596.

But, Im wondering, does anyone else experience this text input problem?! is there a known fix for it?!

Hi everyone. I while back I posted about problems with the texting app on my DX. Old thread here:
http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/336411-rooted-gb-phone-getting-angry-help.html
In a nutshell, whenever I touch the "space" key in the texting app (text messaging, facebook, any app that requires keyboard input) it closes the text box, and when I re open it, as I type the letters dont show up, or it shows some funky marks when I should be typing letters. It gets so bad that I use the period instead of the space bar, cuz every time I hit space it closes the damn text input box. It doesn't force close though.

When this happened two weeks ago, I SBF'ed back to the stock froyo, and then did the three step GingerBread process, and ended with .595. This time Im going to go to .596.

But, Im wondering, does anyone else experience this text input problem?! is there a known fix for it?!

does it lockup when you use swipe?

what setting do you have at:
settings>language & keyboard>multi-touch keyboard>input language?

I just used swype to text this but swype does not use the space bar and that causes the text box to close and lock.
As far as input language there is none selected. Is that a problem?

I can clear data under the storage heading, but the clear cache under cache heading is greyed out and says 0.
Clearing data wont delete texts right?
Will it clear added words?

Try clearing the app data/cache for the multi-touch keyboard app.

Can you tell me how to do that. My text doesn't work, every time I start to text it freezes up and it freezes up when I click on space bar too, the screen goes away and nothing i typed showed up.. Please help I am so frustrated and want to fix this...

Good Morning - My phone just started doing the same thing you had listed (it locks or freezes when I hit the space bar)

Can you please email me and tell me how you fixed this problem at
Vinny0026@aol.com

Thanks for any help
Vinny

The fix for this is pretty easy.

Click On : Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Multi-touch keyboard -- Then click on the Clear Data button and its fixed

Simply clearing the cache for this application will not fix the problem

Now if only I knew the magic fix to stop my phone from rebooting itself when I'm at church and playing the R2D2 intro noise as loud as possible....

I have the same problem when texting. Except i cant find the multi-touch setting under my apps. And yes i followed every step correctly :( please someone help.

To clear data on your keyboard just press your menu button on your home screen then select settings and next select applications then select manage applications then you'll press the (All) tab and scroll down till you find your multi touch keyboard and press it then you'll see a tab that says clear data so just press that.

Back
Top Bottom