• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Textra not sending pictures

All of a sudden Textra is not sending pictures via MMS.
Wife and I both use it, and for some reason today pictures won't go through.
I sent a picture to my brother yesterday and it sent fine.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm on Verizon, if that matters.

Probably,but,let's not hang 'em w/o a trial 1st. ;)
1) Try clearing the app cache on both phones.
If that doesn't do it,try a cache partition wipe:

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Samsung Galaxy Note5 logo screen displays, release only the Power key
  4. When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key several timeskey to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Probably,but,let's not hang 'em w/o a trial 1st. ;)
1) Try clearing the app cache on both phones.
If that doesn't do it,try a cache partition wipe:

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Samsung Galaxy Note5 logo screen displays, release only the Power key
  4. When the Android logo displays, release the Volume Up and the Home key ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key several timeskey to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Unfortunately, this didn't work. Maybe I should uninstall/reinstall the APP?

EDIT: Tried the uninstall/reinstall, didn't work either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
make sure in Settings that you have enabled all of the MMS features.
Like Push DATA to ON (before Lollipop, don't work in Lollipop) so, check to be SURE that you have DATA on at the time the MMS is going out, or you except to receive one.

I have found, that on MMS that if I did not get the picture, that I can click on that msg, and it will reload the picture, after I turn on DATA.

I always keep DATA and WiFi turned OFF on my phone. Makes the battery life much better for me, don't have all that extra unneeded traffic going on, or the phone trying to reach out to a non-existent cell site...

I live in a Rural Area, and the rules are different out here, than in the metro areas where you have cell site saturation.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones