• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texts in Notification Bar but not in program

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
I have an original Galaxy Note, not rooted running Android 4.1.2. I use Contacts+ for my text messaging. It has started acting strangely. I receive a text notification sound, see that I have a text in the Notification bar when I pull it down but it's not showing in the app. I haven't changed any settings. I had the native Messaging app disabled but have enabled it to see if that shows the messages but it doesn't either. This seems to happening at random which is annoying as I don't know if I can trust it.

I tried Googling this problem and it seems to be happen on various platforms. A suggested solution was that the date and time was out of sync but this isn't the case. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

You could try downloading an app similar to Contacts+ and see if the problem repeats. Also, you could go into the settings page, find Contacts+, and delete the cache and data (which resets the app).

Do you maybe have an unsent message in a conversation list or something?
Try deleting all the conversations (i think if you find the app in app manager and clear data that will do it as Ryan says)

Thanks for the replies. I downloaded Go SMS Pro but that doesn't show the missing messages either. I have tried clearing the cache for Contacts+ but I'm a bit nervous of clearing the data. What does that delete? I assume not the contacts themselves?

It might, depending on how they sync. If they're stored exclusively within the app, it's likely to wipe them. If it pulls them in from Google, they'll need to reload. Wiping the data makes the app just like you first installed it. So, however you populated those contacts the first time is what you'll need to do after wiping the data

All my contacts are Google contacts so I guess it should be OK to wipe the data. I should have said earlier that I haven't had any problems since I posted yesterday.

Then let it ride. You can always wipe data later if the problem rears its ugly head again.

Back
Top Bottom