• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TF300T cracked screen

Thanks! I will have to look into this when I am at my house. :) .

Well, the good news is that you can now root without unlocking the bootloader. That means your warranty will stay intact. The only drawback is that you cannot flash a recovery like CWM or TWRP. Still, at least you still have the option to root and keep your warranty.

Here's a link to a thread that tells you how to root without unlocking the bootloader if you are interested.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2228613

I noticed that the zip file it refers to is being blocked in my antivirus for some reason. I really dont trust the app much. It pops up as: NDROIDOS_ROOTRAZR.A??

I noticed that the zip file it refers to is being blocked in my antivirus for some reason. I really dont trust the app much. It pops up as: NDROIDOS_ROOTRAZR.A??

Most programs that root will show up as a virus because they hack the system and are a exploit. Don't worry about it. Trust me, if it were bogus it wouldn't be on the XDA site bro. :D

Most programs that root will show up as a virus because they hack the system and are a exploit. Don't worry about it. Trust me, if it were bogus it wouldn't be on the XDA site bro. :D

Ohh thanks!

Edit: After trying 3 different versions of the drivers I finaly got it working! I was suprised that it worked!

Heck yeah!~~!~~! I don't blame you either. If that would have been me, it would have made my day to find out I didn't owe them anything. Most of the time when it goes back to Asus, it isn't cheap. lol :D

BTW, forgot to add, whomever said it will cost $180 to fix - they were right. The first guy I spoke to said $182, shipping back included in the price.

From the links above, I saw LCD screens cost anywhere from $60 -$100 USD. Who knows how good they are, how may dead pixels etc.

Hi, my asus transformer T300 screen cracked. So I replaced the digitizer with a brand new one. (Correct Model 5158n) Put everything back and all looks ok but the touch screen is not working at all. My tablet comes on and I can see the screen but I unable to touch anything on the screen. I opened the tablet back up and reconnected everything about 5 times but the touch screen still doesn't work. Any Ideas. When I navigate down to the developer options using the keyboard and select show touches, I get a load of white dots flying around the screen. What does this mean? Do I have a faulty digitizer or is there anything else I can try to get the digitizer touch screen to start working.

Many Thanks

Steve G

Hi, my asus transformer T300 screen cracked. So I replaced the digitizer with a brand new one. (Correct Model 5158n) Put everything back and all looks ok but the touch screen is not working at all. My tablet comes on and I can see the screen but I unable to touch anything on the screen. I opened the tablet back up and reconnected everything about 5 times but the touch screen still doesn't work. Any Ideas. When I navigate down to the developer options using the keyboard and select show touches, I get a load of white dots flying around the screen. What does this mean? Do I have a faulty digitizer or is there anything else I can try to get the digitizer touch screen to start working.

Many Thanks

Steve G

I'm going to send you a PM in a minute that may help you out. Check you inbox.

EDIT:

I sent you a PM but I'm afraid it's not going to be of much help. After doing some research, I found out that you have already visited the site that I was going to link you to.

Back
Top Bottom