• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thank you rooters!

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Hey guys I know this is the wrong section and I hope this doesn't get moved (at least for a day or two).

But I just wanted to thank all of you for all of the help you all gave me throughout the process of me having my evo 4g and talking me into, and walking me through the process of rooting.

But although I LOVE my evo, I recently ran into the "broken micro usb port" issue, and I didn't want to upgrade my phone by signing another 2 year contract, because something in my gut tells me that sprint is allowing people to "upgrade" earlier because they are trying to get rid of old phones to make way for the LTE's.

So I bought a evo 3d (for a decent price) to use until I can get a good legit upgrade through sprint. So by the end of this week ill be on to the evo 3d. As I will be giving my 4g to my dad (he made the mistake getting the kyrocera echo)...what a piece of crap phone. But I have insurance on my evo, so maybe when he turns it in for the usb port he will get an evo 3d in return like some others have.

But again, thank you all. And I hope to see you all in the LTE future!

PS- I'd love for Mik to drop a new version of mikg before I get rid of this thing,lol.

nah no need to move it. we can keep it here so that we can all share the love. AF and especially the evo rooted forum is the best place on the net. glad you were able to find us.

that sucks about your usb port though and you picked a very good phone. i took my upgrade and went with the 3vo. it is an amazing phone. soooooo much faster and a waaaaay better battery life then my og evo.

i do however miss my og evo very much as my daily driver. i still have it and luckily i can still flash roms and such. gonna be trying some ics roms this weekend.

because something in my gut tells me that sprint is allowing people to "upgrade" earlier because they are trying to get rid of old phones to make way for the LTE's.

that statement above makes me a little happier to know my updates come about a year after sprint releases new phones..i wont be tempted to jump on one! I was late getting to the evo party..but will keep this phone until something from sprint can legitimately beat it..new phone is going to have to be good!

Back