• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanks for everything!

TheGeek

Android Enthusiast
Just wanted to shout out and say thanks to all that have helped me over the months with my Note.

With my relocation to Pennsylvania, I spend an hour on the train going from West Chester to Philadelphia. I needed better cell service and thus I needed to go to Verizon. I picked up a Galaxy S3 and a Galaxy Tablet 10.1 4G LTE. The "Share Everything" data plan was perfect and in my budget compared to the extra data costs I was paying to have an iPad 4G.

I will miss my Phablet, but sure I will get all I need from having the Galaxy Tablet now. I watch a lot of Netflix and read books on my hour long commute one way, so it will surely prove quite useful!

I get a small expense back from the company towards cell service so I was able to get a 10GB data plan and it not cost me a fortune.

Take care!

TheGeek

Haha; yeah it's quite smaller than the Note.

I enjoy it -- pretty fast phone.

Given I needed to be on Verizon for coverage; the S3 was the best out there.

I am going to miss you all too.

I will say this; after having my S3 for the last 3 days, it is really an AWESOME phone.

I think my main love is the fact that when I'm looking at a text message I can simply put my phone to my head and call someone. I actually used it today after I got a disturbing text that prompted a phone call. Instead of having to hit the menu button and call contact, I just slapped it to my face and it goes "beep" then dials. LOVE IT!

I'm not having much trouble going down in size as it's still fairly large--it is nice to be able to one-hand things LOL.

From the perspective of hardware and such; it's pretty far out. It's nice to have wallpapers with black actually show right unlike our many issues with black clipping. If the Note 2 comes to Verizon I will be jumping ship quick--it's supposed to be better hardware wise than the S3.

On another note; it is rather appealing to sit in my apartment in West Chester and have full signal and 4G LTE, whereas previously I would have 1 bar and maybe 4G with AT&T and the Note.

Are you saying your AT&T Note didn't work in West Chester?

It worked for the most part--I just had spotty reception. If I was in my apartment it had 1 bar with 4G speed. If I walked into my bedroom I had no service (indicated on phone.)

Now that I have my Verizon S3; I have a full signal any where in my apartment and 4G LTE speeds (grant it I have Wifi, but when I am around the city it is nice.)

The other issue was AT&T signal strength alone the Paoli/Thorndale train line. I take the train into the city for work and it's an hour ride. With Verizon (tested it today), I have great signal so I can sit and stream netflix the whole way with very little buffering needed. It keeps me sane while I realize I am way the hell out in the boonies LOL.

Back
Top Bottom