• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanks for ruining my wifi Gingerbread

bennylava

I have a samsung captivate model SGH-I897. But I have ATT so they call it the Galaxy S. So Kies mini finally got the 2.3.5 Gingerbread update, and I went ahead and used it to update from 2.2 Froyo. Immediately afterwards, my wifi ceases to function entirely. I'm sure many others have had the same problem.

So I guess I need to roll back to 2.2. How can I do that in android? Isn't there a way to do that without having to go through all the hassle of using Odin and going and finding 2.2 somewhere?

Well since no one else has responded I'll just say I upgraded from Froyo to Ginderbread using Kies mini and my WiFi works just fine. It's been awhile so I'm not sure if I had to go back in and enter my WiFi network password or not but it seems to me I did.

I have a samsung captivate model SGH-I897. But I have ATT so they call it the Galaxy S. So Kies mini finally got the 2.3.5 Gingerbread update, and I went ahead and used it to update from 2.2 Froyo. Immediately afterwards, my wifi ceases to function entirely. I'm sure many others have had the same problem.

So I guess I need to roll back to 2.2. How can I do that in android? Isn't there a way to do that without having to go through all the hassle of using Odin and going and finding 2.2 somewhere?

There might be some answers in the All Things Root tab.

I'm not 100 percent sure (AKA too lazy to check specifics), but I feel like quite a few people have already asked and discussed how to revert back to 2.2 on Captivate because the official Gingerbread update was unsatisfactory.

At this point, I would say just go ahead and root and install ICS. I can help you with that if you'd like. Easy as 3.14159268 (Pi) ;)

Back
Top Bottom