• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Best BusyBox version For our ROOTED SAMSUNG ADMIRE

flakito97

Android Expert
busybox

Provided by a well known developer at SDX, Vampirefo.

Instructions Using Root Explorer
1.Download "Root Explorer" from market, or any other root file manager available.

2.download busybox, from the link above to root of SD card.

3.Find Busybox in RootExplorer.

4.Copy it *Holding down on it, then choosing the option "copy" (Just to keep a backup)

5.Move to System/bin and paste, if already a current busybox just simply replace.

6.Reboot and your good to go.

No need to change Permissions or anything.

Fast Root access and no problems whatsoever. Whenever Superuser icon pops up saying to update busybox just ignore it, this busybox works perfect with our phones.

Any ?'s or concerns, just comment Below. If your question was previously answered, tough luck, read thru the comments BEFORE asking something thats already been answered.

Hope this helps guys, enjoy :]

[ILL BE MAKING A VIDEO TUTORIAL IN THE COMMING WEEKS OF HOW TO GO THRU THIS PROCESS STEP BY STEP...MAYBE]

busybox

Provided by a well known developer at SDX, Vampirefo.

Instructions Using Root Explorer
1.Download "Root Explorer" from market, or any other root file manager available.

2.download busybox, from the link above to root of SD card.

3.Find Busybox in RootExplorer.

4.Copy it (Just to keep a backup)

5.Move to System/bin and paste, if already a current busybox just simply replace.

6.Reboot and your good to go.

No need to change Permissions or anything.

Fast Root access and no problems whatsoever. Whenever Superuser icon pops up saying to update busybox just ignore it, this busybox works perfect with our phones.

Any ?'s or concerns, just comment Below. If your question was previously answered, tough luck, read thru the comments BEFORE asking something thats already been answered.

Hope this helps guys, enjoy :]

[ILL BE MAKING A VIDEO TUTORIAL IN THE COMMING WEEKS OF HOW TO GO THRU THIS PROCESS STEP BY STEP...MAYBE]

what does busy box do to our phones? what good is it?

How does one copy and paste using root explorer? I am complete noob to android but I know how to use linux commands, have never used root explorer before but I already have it on my rooted admire. Thank you in advance.
Lee

How does one copy and paste using root explorer? I am complete noob to android but I know how to use linux commands, have never used root explorer before but I already have it on my rooted admire. Thank you in advance.
Lee

Pretty simple, just long press, choose copy den move to where you would want to paste . there should be an option to paste under the menu list after copying an item.

Hi guys! I need your help. My phone has been rooted but when I tried to copy busy box, chargemon or xrecovery.tar to the root explorer there's no paste option. what seems to be the problem? My phone is SE xperia x8.

Just curious, how exactly is a txt file going to magically reformat itself to an APK file and become installable to a sys/bin???? Any type of logical answer would be greatly aappreciated!!!

Just curious, how exactly is a txt file going to magically reformat itself to an APK file and become installable to a sys/bin???? Any type of logical answer would be greatly aappreciated!!!

You don't need a apk to install it to /system/bin. All you need is a rooted Admire and a root file browser and rename it to just busybox and copy and paste it to /system/bin. /system/bin is for system scripts and binary files (like busybox).

But you don't need to do this. Just download busybox installer by secrison or JRummy from the play store and install this version from there.

Okay sweets well I already went the store route and the installer didn't do shit it just kept showing an error of the install process crashing. And I also renamed the busybox file as well and it's supposed to go into system/xbin not system/bin but neither ways worked either. I used originally superoneclick to root my admire but it bricked my damn phone so I had to do flash recovery and used z4root permanent root instead and just installed SU myself but in order to use a root explorer I have to gain access to some files I have to install busybox which I've tried about oh I'd say 5-7 times now from different threads like xda etc and none have worked not even your method which by the way I've tried twice now..so any help on the subject would be awesome!!!

Okay sweets well I already went the store route and the installer didn't do shit it just kept showing an error of the install process crashing. And I also renamed the busybox file as well and it's supposed to go into system/xbin not system/bin but neither ways worked either. I used originally superoneclick to root my admire but it bricked my damn phone so I had to do flash recovery and used z4root permanent root instead and just installed SU myself but in order to use a root explorer I have to gain access to some files I have to install busybox which I've tried about oh I'd say 5-7 times now from different threads like xda etc and none have worked not even your method which by the way I've tried twice now..so any help on the subject would be awesome!!!

Ok, do you have the SuperUser or SuperSU app installed? What exactly did the bb installer error say?

Back
Top Bottom