• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Big List of Web Browsers

Scur

Android Expert
These are browsers that are formatted for most of the web, not specific sites or files (image boards, HTML files, offline browsers, etc.) Let me know about others and I'll edit them in.
By the by, my personal favorite way of keeping my Google Bookmarks accessible no matter the browser is ChromeMarks, though with newer Android versions the bookmarks sync has started to become commonplace.

FREE

PAID

I tried several.

Skyfire has no mini version and its HUGE. Lagged me to a crawl every time.

I love Love LOVE the swipe pattern feature of Dolphin mini but the rest of the browser is meh at best. And for a mini its slow as balls.

I keep coming back to Opera mini. It has a tendency to make you click links 2 or 3 times sometimes and it doesn't seem to like to download anything but when it's working it's very fast and easy to navigate.
One horrible thing about it is if you are typing long sentences (as I trend to do) on message boards, fb, etc, and it does it's blanking out thing you trend to losse everything you just wrote. I got into the habit of hitting copy before every post just on case.

It's why I never deleted the stock browser. It's ugly and plain but it always there and does what it's supposed to when I need it to.
Kinda like what I picture marriage to be like. :p

My goodness - that's a crowded market!!!

I'd like to hear more comments like DXgypsy on the merits of each, point of difference, and the size.

Hope your wife wasn't looking over your shoulder DXGypsy otherwise it would be cramped in the dog-house tonight!!

The best thing about Opera Mobile is Opera Link. As long as you have Opera on your desktop, syncing bookmarks is a breeze. I however keep on bouncing back and forth between Opera and Dolphin HD. I like the swipe controls on Dolphin HD better than the tap controls of Opera, but on my phone Opera seems to work great too. Still havent decided which to use even after months of having both on my phone. The same way I still bounce back and forth between Opera and Chrome on PC. LOL.

I know this is a post to a thread that has not seen action in some time, but are all these browsers for mobile? I would imagine so, considering the thread. I just don't see how there could be so many... I mean.. are the majority of them even any good or is it just a couple that are even worth the download?

I'd say most of them are better than the stock. They offer true tabbed browsing, speed dials, and an actual exit button!

I used Opera mini for a while actually and had no complaints.
I recently switched to Dolphin HD.....Not a bad browser either....it has some nice add-ons as well.

Im just waiting for Chrome to come so I can have my PC and phone sync together.

I used Opera mini for a while actually and had no complaints.
I recently switched to Dolphin HD.....Not a bad browser either....it has some nice add-ons as well.

Im just waiting for Chrome to come so I can have my PC and phone sync together.

How so? Phonemarks will sync whatever bookmarks you wish.

What is phonemarks?

I use chrome at home and at work....would be nice to have the chrome browser on my phone as well.

What is phonemarks?

I use chrome at home and at work....would be nice to have the chrome browser on my phone as well.
Phone marks is a Chrome extension with a corresponding app for Android. It will sync your Chrome bookmarks to your phone.

You can select which bookmarks get synced. If you only use the free app version, it will only sync from your computer's Chrome to your phone. The bonus to this is that while it does wipe out your current bookmarks, it will wipe out those pesky bloatmarks you can't delete on some phones.

Another bookmark app I use is Chromemarks. It is simply an app that will sync with my bookmarks and launch whichever bookmark I choose in the default browser. It's usually the quickest way to get me to a site, outside of widgets.

I use Dolphin Browser™ HD. It looks very much similar to Google chrome.
I have tried many browsers. I like dolphin because it displays tabs like in our PC. We can switch tabs in just one tap. Is there any other browser with this feature?

Pretty much all the big name browsers I've tried have tabs. It all looks a bit crowded on the screen to me, though.

Back
Top Bottom