• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I'm so old" thread game

It's a girl, in a flatbed Ford...
73627431007-picture-1.jpg
 
Both of my parents were born and raised on route 66 in the panhandle of Oklahoma. My father, eight years older than my mother, told the sad stories of the okies walking away from all they knew and headed for California. His oldest brother was one of them.
 
My older sister and I would sit quietly and claw each other for hours for something to do. One would not dare cry out or our dad would pull over to the side of the road and make us regret being born. Summer trips were far mor fun. Sweating running down your crack and all of the windows rolled down, accented the deafening sound of the wind. At least an arm hanging out the window would respond to the wind velocity and I could pretend my hand was a fighter airplane.

Face it, we had it far better than generations before us. Doing my genealogy, I found that one of my families migrating from Missouri to Oklahoma for free land had a mishap along the way. One of the kids was playing in the covered wagon as they were traveling through nowhere and going nowhere and found his dad's gun. He accidently shot his mother who eventually died from her wounds before they got anywhere. That makes an ass whoopin along the scenic route seem pretty mundane.
 
Back
Top Bottom