• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The New Common Rooting Problem

So I'm sure you guys are all aware of the new rooting problem with Z4Root among the Continuum holders. It happens to me to, and I have yet to find a fix. The phone says "Running Exploit in Order to Obtain Root Access", then "Acquiring Root Shell", and then force closes the app; you must restart your device to run the root again, which once again doesn't work.

Some users on the XDA forum have tried contacting Ryan to see if he's come up with a fix yet, but there are no responses.

Has anyone found a fix to this yet? I'd love to start backing up some of my apps and getting rid of the mass of pre-installed bloatware Verizon stuck on this phone. Thanks in advance everyone!

So I'm sure you guys are all aware of the new rooting problem with Z4Root among the Continuum holders. It happens to me to, and I have yet to find a fix. The phone says "Running Exploit in Order to Obtain Root Access", then "Acquiring Root Shell", and then force closes the app; you must restart your device to run the root again, which once again doesn't work.

Some users on the XDA forum have tried contacting Ryan to see if he's come up with a fix yet, but there are no responses.

Has anyone found a fix to this yet? I'd love to start backing up some of my apps and getting rid of the mass of pre-installed bloatware Verizon stuck on this phone. Thanks in advance everyone!

There isn't a fix for the app yet, but, you can use superoneclick. Just head over to XDA and search for it.

There isn't a fix for the app yet, but, you can use superoneclick. Just head over to XDA and search for it.

So I understand that SuperOneClick requires you to manually code for the root, which means plugging in the USB, correct?

SuperOneClick is not actually an app that you can download?:(

Back
Top Bottom