• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official I Got Mine! Thread

I got mine yesterday. I went white, now I wish I had a black screen but oh we'll. My wife is customizing one for herself.

The screen looks good and the phone feels snappy. The camera is probably a little worse than I expected so far. Not horrible, but not great by any means.

Have to go back to att today. Some how they did not activate one of my cards. Hopefully will get it straightened out and be able to order it today.

Have to go back to att today. Some how they did not activate one of my cards. Hopefully will get it straightened out and be able to order it today.

Balls, I'd be annoyed, that's just pushing your phone back by days, not just one day probably.

Ordered mine yesterday via design card. Chalk back, white front, black accents. Was debating between the X and the Droid Maxx. At first the battery and extra screen real estate was swayin me towards the maxx but then I played with the X and just fell in love. It's amazing how different software can feel based on hardware.

Sidenote: As I was designing the phone I realized I didn't want anything too out there so as to keep resale value decent. Anyone else have thoughts along those lines?

Made it back to att. They called Motorola and the girl today was very nice and helpful. They are supposed to reset the card. Should be done by1230 so we shall see. Went ahead and ordered mine and it says 11 days now. So much for a 4 day turn around. Who knows might get it sooner since I just live 4 hours away in Houston. But then again companies tend to think they say 11 days by damnd it will be 11 days. Lol

Wow! 11 days!! And that's only with ATT...hate to think what's going to happen when Sprint and Verizon open up the flood gates. 4 days, 4 weeks, I guess it's all the same. lol

They have not reset the card. Now they told me by the end of the day. This has put a very bad taste in my mouth. Won't be doing this again that is for sure. If it is not done by tonight I will be back at att getting a refund on both phones.

Hang in there. They have bugs to work out in their distribution.

I went through a 20 hour stretch with Verizon on the Droid Maxx for what I thought would take 15 minutes. It finally got corrected.

This is the price we pay for being at the head of the line.

... Thom

They have not reset the card. Now they told me by the end of the day. This has put a very bad taste in my mouth. Won't be doing this again that is for sure. If it is not done by tonight I will be back at att getting a refund on both phones.

Woah, no reason to do that. You are one of the first people to have access to this phone. If you don't expect kinks to occur in something new like this, you're not being realistic. :(

Wow! 11 days!! And that's only with ATT...hate to think what's going to happen when Sprint and Verizon open up the flood gates. 4 days, 4 weeks, I guess it's all the same. lol

Just found out mine isn't shipping for a week. I'm very unimpressed with this process thus far. The Motorola CS center is staffed with people who barely speak English on top of it.

I'm probably going to wind up canceling. I'm not getting a good vibe from the initial phase and can only imagine how difficult it would be to receive service if something goes wrong with the phone.

Woah, no reason to do that. You are one of the first people to have access to this phone. If you don't expect kinks to occur in something new like this, you're not being realistic. :(

I'm sorry but this attitude makes no sense. You mean the people who will have the first impression of the phone and service should expect things to suck so we can make it easier for Motorola to sell phones to those "lucky" enough to order after us?

This isn't an early adopter issue. This is a simple case of a company over promising and under delivering. There is too much competition to give Moto the benefit of the doubt. They didn't build the better mouse trap, they lose.

I could care less about the shipping time. Yes the 4 day thing was impressive but them to say 11 well Ok, but having a bug with the card? Customer service should be the first thing. They barlely spoke English and now I am 8 hours into this still waiting for them to respond. I too work with the public and if my turn around time was like this I would be out of a job and my company would go under. This is not how you do business and expect to do good at it. An update without me having to call would be nice. Hell at this rate even a little money back. 50 bucks would make me happy. As a society we are just supposed to expect shitty service from everyone?

Yeah, the process is getting worse by the day. Triple the wait time, can't buy it outright, cards don't work, no engraving, only for AT&T customers, not so 'clear pixel' camera....

I'm for sure waiting for the Moto X2 now next year. That and I want the front plate to match the rear plate. Only black and white front plate ruins the 'customization' for me at least.

I could care less about the shipping time. Yes the 4 day thing was impressive but them to say 11 well Ok, but having a bug with the card? Customer service should be the first thing. They barlely spoke English and now I am 8 hours into this still waiting for them to respond. I too work with the public and if my turn around time was like this I would be out of a job and my company would go under. This is not how you do business and expect to do good at it. An update without me having to call would be nice. Hell at this rate even a little money back. 50 bucks would make me happy. As a society we are just supposed to expect shitty service from everyone?

Odd, I had to call Moto on Monday when they weren't able to see my AT&T account, the person I talked to sounded like she was from the US. Ended up finding out I had to purchase at full retail price, so be it.

All you naysayers might aswell just leave now and go jump to iPhones. ;)

For reference, I have put up with PLENTY of drama and hiccups with issues regarding early phone releases. The HTC Thunderbolt was all...well, you know. The Galaxy Nexus VZW was also something stupid and I was also in the first batch for buying the Nexus 4.

If anyone has a legit reason to bitch and moan, I think I do.

After several more phone calls talking to a supervisor leaving a dinner party early so I could be home in front of a computer (Motorola request) explaining that the best way to resolve the problem was to give me a new pin to fix things with the customer while the continued to investigate so they could do more education I get an email from Motorola during the night telling me once again that att problem. So today at noon I will be back at att with the email I got and see what will happen next. I doubt this will be the last Motorola phone I buy but it is surely the last time I buy something at launch that you have design yourself.

After several more phone calls talking to a supervisor leaving a dinner party early so I could be home in front of a computer (Motorola request) explaining that the best way to resolve the problem was to give me a new pin to fix things with the customer while the continued to investigate so they could do more education I get an email from Motorola during the night telling me once again that att problem. So today at noon I will be back at att with the email I got and see what will happen next. I doubt this will be the last Motorola phone I buy but it is surely the last time I buy something at launch that you have design yourself.

Goodness, I'd be annoyed too, but at least you realize that to be an early adopter quite a few times you'll have some stupid hoops to jump through.

That's your blessing of being a gerbil in their experiments. ;)

True. Probably would not be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it is my wife's phone we are dealing with. Her temper is very short when it comes to things not getting fixed to her satisfaction. Lol will let yall know the end result when I get back from att today.

True. Probably would not be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that it is my wife's phone we are dealing with. Her temper is very short when it comes to things not getting fixed to her satisfaction. Lol will let yall know the end result when I get back from att today.

Yeah, my GF is the same way. I tell the salesman to run for the hills if things go south when we're dealing with them and I'll settle her down and waive him back. :D

Haring about the issues surrounding buying at full retail really bugs me. Why do carriers & manufacturers always think that every American wants to take a subsidy. :mad:

Odd, I had to call Moto on Monday when they weren't able to see my AT&T account, the person I talked to sounded like she was from the US. Ended up finding out I had to purchase at full retail price, so be it.

How did you end up paying full retail? I have been trying with no luck. Was it a conversation direct with Motorola?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One

How did you end up paying full retail? I have been trying with no luck. Was it a conversation direct with Motorola?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my HTC One

I purchased mine early access on Monday before they locked it down, pretty much got lucky. I purchased an early access invite from someone who recieved the email but was willing to sell it to me, for what it's worth.

Goodness, I'd be annoyed too, but at least you realize that to be an early adopter quite a few times you'll have some stupid hoops to jump through.

That's your blessing of being a gerbil in their experiments. ;)

This isn't an early adopter problem, this is a customer service issue. Big difference.

Back
Top Bottom