• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official I Got Mine! Thread

Holy balls. Just got an email from Motorola.

"Hi Jordan,

We apologized that you're order have been delayed, we are working to get them out as quickly as possible. You're phone will be shipped out tonight August 26 and you will receive a confirmation email together with the tracking out number, Your phone will be delivered via FEDEX Overnight shipping.

Thanks,
Motorola"

HELL YEAH!

Holy balls. Just got an email from Motorola.

"Hi Jordan,

We apologized that you're order have been delayed, we are working to get them out as quickly as possible. You're phone will be shipped out tonight August 26 and you will receive a confirmation email together with the tracking out number, Your phone will be delivered via FEDEX Overnight shipping.

Thanks,
Motorola"

HELL YEAH!

Also, Moto doesn't have very good grammar or spelling. No wonder they can't launch a phone correctly.

Maybe they got it figured out now and might start to get on track. That is good news
I know this phone will be great. Just a bad start.

All those complaining haven't seen nothing yet!

The Nexus 4 fiasco was lite years worse, not to mention at least you guys are getting to speak to live people, with the N4 launch Google just basically decided to take the phone of the hook....lol.

Usually I'm an early adaptor, but after playing with a store unit and seeing that only about 1 out of every 10 camera pics come out clear I've decided to sit tight. It looks like the focus is wayyyyyy of, even with tap to focus enabled.

Couple the crappy camera software with horrible ordering stories and I'm pretty much just gonna sit tight and see what the next few weeks bring.

What would of been so hard about having some of this stuff pre assembled? Have x amount of the 32 and 16 with both white and black fronts then all you had to do was throw on the backs and acent colors and out the door it would go. Wonder what the hell went wrong. Very disappointed in this entire thing.

I can't understand why they couldn't have 32's pre-assembled for in store purchase. I would have walked out with one on launch day if they did.

With every day that passes that I can't buy the thing I start thinking at different options for my next phone. I may still get one, but I will at least be looking at what is around the corner when I do.

Sent from my HTC One

Got my email today too. Should be here this afternoon.

Guess I was in the back of the line or mine is so awesome they had to hold it for a few hours.......

We Sent It!
Your Moto X for AT&T has left the building!

You can expect it Wednesday, 08/28/13

Interesting when I check the tracking number I get this
Estimated delivery :
Tues 8/27/2013 8:00 pm

It's going to be a long day.

didnt all of you get to order early? i guess i am just hoping mine wont take as long as they are saying. would love to have it so i can play with it over the long weekend. hate getting a new toy and having to work. no time to play. lol

We did order on Monday of last week during the special select pre-sell. Now I have to wait till my phone comes in this afternoon, activate it, then go to the AT&T store and buy a Moto X card for my wife so she can order hers. Sure hope it doesn't take 2 weeks for hers to get here. Hopefully just 5-7 business days.

i thought so. i was on motorolas forum and some guy on there said he actually got his in the 4 day turn around. that kinda threw me off a little since it seems no one else has. hoping they are starting to catch up some now. thanks for sharing.

All those complaining haven't seen nothing yet!

The Nexus 4 fiasco was lite years worse, not to mention at least you guys are getting to speak to live people, with the N4 launch Google just basically decided to take the phone of the hook....lol.

Usually I'm an early adaptor, but after playing with a store unit and seeing that only about 1 out of every 10 camera pics come out clear I've decided to sit tight. It looks like the focus is wayyyyyy of, even with tap to focus enabled.

Couple the crappy camera software with horrible ordering stories and I'm pretty much just gonna sit tight and see what the next few weeks bring.

Ya know buddy, I don't know what was worse, this launch or the N4 launch. I was in the first batch of both of those phones.

If the phone is half of what I think it will be, I'm happy.

Well, Google has always sucked at selling physical goods, so the N4 launch sucking as well wasn't a massive shocker. Moto made some big claims about how awesome this would all be, and so far it's been a ridiculous flop. They delivered on none of their promises, and now even that you can order through Verizon on the 29th, they won't have Moto X's in store for a few weeks and Motomaker until whenever. Fail.

And that email above is just lulz. Seriously, they don't know the difference between your and you're? :D

It seems moto x camera is getting mixed reviews so far, mostly negative. But I saw some decent looking photos over at AC forum on moto x camera. And some users claim it's better than even GS4 camera, focusing faster with more details which is pretty surprising to me.

So I don't know what to think of it. Can some early adopters here comment on the photo quality of X? Maybe we need to have camera or posting pictures thread here too.

It seems moto x camera is getting mixed reviews so far, mostly negative. But I saw some decent looking photos over at AC forum on moto x camera. And some users claim it's better than even GS4 camera, focusing faster with more details which is pretty surprising to me.

So I don't know what to think of it. Can some early adopters here comment on the photo quality of X? Maybe we need to have camera or posting pictures thread here too.

The moto x camera will be better than one on my Galaxy Nexus. Guaranteed

I'm honestly not so sure yet, as of right now I prefer the Galaxy Nexus camera.

Like I commented in pre-release thread, Gnex camera after JB is pretty decent. Not great but a little better than average I think. Just in low lighting, it gets noisy and grainy. It snaps well focused photos fairly quick, which is nearly impossible with RHD.

I like that X camera has one touch to focus/shoot feature. So it seems to focus and takes shot fast but I wonder how good is the photos from that in terms of focus and detail.

I'm honestly not so sure yet, as of right now I prefer the Galaxy Nexus camera.

I'll let you know for sure today. Mine should arrive this afternoon. The one I played with in stores was leaps and bounds ahead of my GNex. Sharper, less noise, better color, better exposure. Not a single element of the photos I took in the store was equal or worse than my Gnex.... it bested it in every way.

I'll let you know for sure today. Mine should arrive this afternoon. The one I played with in stores was leaps and bounds ahead of my GNex. Sharper, less noise, better color, better exposure. Not a single element of the photos I took in the store was equal or worse than my Gnex.... it bested it in every way.

I'm interested to see the results of the test EarlyMon was recommending using a third party camera app (JB something it was)

Back
Top Bottom