• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Optimus Elite is really good

bobloadmire

Android Enthusiast
I have been using the wifes elite for about a day, and man it is so much better than the triumph. The only thing the triumph has is a better quality screen, but thats about it. GPS is instant, touch screen way more responsive, better battery life, interface is so much more responsive, and I have tried ICS and CM7 on the triumph. I think i'll be moving over.

source?

EDIT: supposedly its a MSM8655, which should be 1.2ghz stock according to wikipedia and is the same chip as the triumph.
Yeah, for some reason I was thinking the Triumph was the older S1 65nm variant.

FWIW, the dual core variant, the msm8660, is clocked 1.2-1.5 depending on the phone. I haven't seen any reports of 1.7 not being stable on any devices. Of course, the question is what the vid table looks like. Then again, we'd be looking at minimizing vid anyway for battery life.

I have been using the wifes elite for about a day, and man it is so much better than the triumph. The only thing the triumph has is a better quality screen, but thats about it. GPS is instant, touch screen way more responsive, better battery life, interface is so much more responsive, and I have tried ICS and CM7 on the triumph. I think i'll be moving over.

I moved over yesterday, & I couldn't be happier--for the same reasons.

(1) The GPS on the Triumph took at least 2 minutes to "get a lock" while the Optimus V always locked on within 5-10 seconds--I gave up & got a Garmin Nuvi, my 1st ever stand-alone GPS, solely for this reason, I was scared I'd smash the Triumph out of frustration (I've been known to do such things). I find the Elite to do like the V, even though I only turn on the GPS functionality when I open up Maps (it's always off otherwise to save battery life).

(2) The Triumph would constantly fail to "take" when I'd press OK or SAVE, and back or home would refuse to "take" at times as well. HUGE improvement with the Elite, too bad home & back swapped spots, that's taking some getting used to.

(3) I sure hope battery life is better on the Elite, the Triumph would CHEW through batteries like there was no tomorrow.

(4) The biggie--call quality, it is MUCH better on the Elite. The Triumph, people couldn't understand me for squat, whereas on the V I sounded fine and they do on the Elite as well. It's SO nice to have a phone that, well, you can actually TALK on.

I sold my Triumph on Craigslist for $140 with 2 skins & 2 batteries (only paid $180 for it 2 months ago) and the Elite cost almost exactly that at Best Buy. I do NOT regret the change--the Elite seems to combine the "just works" aspects of the V with a refreshed experience of a larger screen and updated storage space & software. I highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom