• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The spacebar is too narrow for my liking. What are my options?

blahblahyoutoo

I like to use my right thumb to hit the spacebar and it naturally lands where the period is on the stock ICS kb.
Is this customizable in anyway? 3rd party kb's?

I have the same problem. Send lots of periods between words. Have you found a better keyboard?

Crashumbc suggested K9, Swype & Swiftkey. K9 is a mail program. Swype is not a standard keyboard. Haven't tried Swiftkey...

Joe

I like to use my right thumb to hit the spacebar and it naturally lands where the period is on the stock ICS kb.
Is this customizable in anyway? 3rd party kb's?

I like Hacker's keyboard. You can set it's size in the settings to take up more/less screen space. Plus, all the keys of a full size kb.

I highly recommend SwiftKey. Use it on all my devices. There are some instances where the keyboard modifies itself to include a ".com" key for URLs and in turn makes the space key much smaller. This is true for nearly all KBs. One thing about SwiftKey is you can't modify the layout (make keys smaller/larger) like other ones.

I have the same problem. Send lots of periods between words. Have you found a better keyboard?

Crashumbc suggested K9, Swype & Swiftkey. K9 is a mail program. Swype is not a standard keyboard. Haven't tried Swiftkey...

Joe

nope, i've adapted myself to the device. i consciously slide my right thumb to the left more when tapping space.

Back