• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Tablet Tavern

so whats everybody doing today ill be out doing some mandatory shopping courtesy of the wife anyone else got any plans

Mike, what are the popular beers in China? Do they drink a lot of the native stuff or more imported?

In the provinces where I am, it's usually native beer. There's Yanjing that comes from Beijing, it's not bad. There's Harbin, very nice. Tsingtao, it's ok as well. Around here they often drink a local fire water. it's like 50%-60% alcohol by volume and is incredibly cheap.

In the provinces where I am, it's usually native beer. There's Yanjing that comes from Beijing, it's not bad. There's Harbin, very nice. Tsingtao, it's ok as well. Around here they often drink a local fire water. it's like 50%-60% alcohol by volume and is incredibly cheap.

good to know :D

Morning all . Ye the Guinness is good and if you can you should try some and I love watching movies on my tablet aswell.

Good evening.

I've had Guinness plenty of times. Impossible to get here, but had a few jars when I was in Hong Kong last May.

Apparently there's an Irish pub in Beijing, not been there yet though, could be an experience. LOL

Good evening.

I've had Guinness plenty of times. Impossible to get here, but had a few jars when I was in Hong Kong last May.

Apparently there's an Irish pub in Beijing, not been there yet though, could be an experience. LOL

SO do you like guiness?

Thats interesting i wonder if i can find said pub in google ? :questionmark:

Ye the beer would probably cost a lot as thats a long distance to import something if that bar wants to make a profit

Ye the beer would probably cost a lot as thats a long distance to import something if that bar wants to make a profit

Or the bars are jacking up the prices in addition to the import and shipping costs? Because food and Chinese beers are expensive as well in those sorts of places. It's often assumed that tourists have money to burn, especially American tourists.

Taxis are the worse for ripping tourists off. If you can speak Mandarin, the fare might be 10RMB (about $1.50). Speak in English, you'll hear "Meter is broken!" and the fare will be 100RMB (about $15).

So whats everyones drream tablet?

Mine would have the following: 1 Made by Asus
2 Have 4.2 jelly bean and stock android
3 Snapdragon quadcore
4 9.5 inch display give or take
5 2 gig ram
6 Keyboard attachmet
7 A ver high PPI (pixels per inch)
8 etc...

A number of people have suggested that game to me i might just have to try it out

Its a real strategy though, not so easy (but I play Normal though not Casual). And I kinda like it since I'm taking up Microbiology and Parasitology at the moment so yeah, I sort of relate. :D

the pure google devices sure are tempting ;p

i've been thinking of getting a chromebook once my netbook breaks down, but google play store hasn't expanded their other services to my country yet.

Won't recommend it. A chromebook needs constant data access to be used. Everything is in the cloud.

Yes ive completed both cut the rope and cut the rope experiments why ?

Was wondering just how popular it really is. Seems to come with just about every cheapo tablet at the moment, and my neighbour's kids loves it. Angry Birds seem to be no longer in vogue, it's all about Cut the Rope now.

Was wondering just how popular it really is. Seems to come with just about every cheapo tablet at the moment, and my neighbour's kids loves it. Angry Birds seem to be no longer in vogue, it's all about Cut the Rope now.

Its quite a popular game its in the top 10 of most downloaded games on the play store

I never really understood why so many people liked angry birds rovios new game bad piggies seems to be really popular aswell

:adore::eating:The turkey dinner has been placed into the oven just 3 more hours mmm

I wonder who will get the thread to half a centuary

Back
Top Bottom