• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

the way I save my battery d=D

skarface1988

Dec 13, 2012
((longer battery life))
the way I save my battery is by turning off my 3g/4g, wifi ((that if i dont use the internet or mms)) just texing, gaming, and music. i dim my display backlights ((if you are inside indoors)) , turn off all vibration, animation and uninstall unwanted apps. kill unused running apps.

((a way not to damage/drain battery fast))
let my battery die completely by when it can't turn on anymore. and do a complete 100% charge. i don't keep plugging in and unplugging out on and off. because it can mess up the battery...I recommend let your battery die all the way and do a full charge without break!

I just wanted to share with everyone else that's all. if you already knew about it AWESOME! but others may not know :D

((longer battery life))
the way I save my battery is by turning off my 3g/4g, wifi ((that if i dont use the internet or mms)) just texing, gaming, and music. i dim my display backlights ((if you are inside indoors)) , turn off all vibration, animation and uninstall unwanted apps. kill unused running apps.

((a way not to damage/drain battery fast))
let my battery die completely by when it can't turn on anymore. and do a complete 100% charge. i don't keep plugging in and unplugging out on and off. because it can mess up the battery...I recommend let your battery die all the way and do a full charge without break!

I just wanted to share with everyone else that's all. if you already knew about it AWESOME! but others may not know :D

There are a few things listed there that are actually counter-productive.

Killing unused apps is actually bad for your battery. If you load an app, but then navigate away, android puts the app to sleep (unless it is meant to stay awake - e.g. if said app is a music app that is currently playing audio). Sleeping apps don't consume any power or require any processing power, so you don't lose anything by keeping them in memory. If decide to kill inactive apps, then it becomes a net-loss of power, because not only did you have to spend time killing the app, but it requires more power (and processing power) to restart the app from scratch.

Plus, if you need to free up RAM for something else, android will start closing down apps for you. So you don't really need to worry about what is or isn't running, unless a specific app is causing problems.

And also, discharging your battery to 0% charge is actually the worst way to charge your phone. Android devices all use lithium-ion or lithium-polymer batteries. Repeatedly discharging lithium based batteries to 0% will cause them to lose capacity at a faster rate than would be expected due to normal ageing. Repeated, shallow discharges are the best way to charge your phone - plug it in often. :)

This is actually a common misconception when it comes to batteries. That's because older battery technologies (such as Nickel-Iron based batteries) were the complete opposite: they required full discharge/recharge cycles, or else they would lose capacity at a faster rate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones