• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Things not to do

We can make a list of "things to do" absolutely?

For Example:

a) DO NOT turn your secureflag ON unless on a stock,signed hboot.
S-ON with an eng signed or patched hboot will hard brick your device immediately.(read: permanently bricked,unrecoverable). In other words,ONLY use the writesecureflag 3 command AFTER running an RUU. never before.
Link:
http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/691213-how-get-back-stock-facepalm-s-off.html

b) NEVER install a S3 ROM on your S4 [SNAPDRAGON] device ! You will brick it.
How can you recognize ROM for S4 and ROM for S3?

Original ROM:
For S3:
RUU_VILLEC2_U_.........signed.exe

For S4:
RUU_Ville_U__........signed.exe

Cooked ROM (for example):
For S3:
CM10-20130421-UNOFFICIAL-villec2.zip
[ROM][S3] BackToBasics_v3
miui_villec2_3.4.16_adlkjfsdfj_4.1.zip

For S4 (for Example):
ROM][S4] Android Sense Best Stock v3.0 | Jelly Bean | Sense 4+ | BEST JB !
CodenameLungo_onesCM10.1_20130419.zip
ville_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.1.0_20130416-203856.zip

c) Do not try to downgrade your HBOOT.img unless you are S-OFF or did not install JB OTA [reported to be SAFE]

YOU WILL brick your device : forever !

source : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1990043

going to the dark side here, but... don't ever drop your htc one s in water [glass of water, toilet, sink or any..] -> you will most probably lose your data, your device will not work and you will see fish swimming on the other side of the screen :)

well... supercid is what allows you to flash ANY RUU[older, newer and for any carrier], but i would suggest to be careful and flash the one for your device model

I read thath flash RUU with supercid may be dangerous (hard brick). It's true? How Can I proceed?

OTAs with superCID have proven fatal,but running RUUs is safe,as long as they are for your device(i.e. dont flash a one x ruu on a one s :eek:)

running an ruu while super cid and s off will let you run literally any ruu that you like.

running them while s on,they will fail if other criteria are not met(CID is only one of many checks)

not in any case,have i heard of an ruu killing a device. :)

Back
Top Bottom