• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Think I'm on to a root exploit

aus4000

Today, I got thinking: the Innopath Activecare app is the app that updates the phone, through the stock recovery. And you can update some system apps, so if we take it out and apart, mod it, put it back together, we could change where the update comes from (and more importantly) put some root access in it! I found a little Linux script that takes apart APK's and decompiles and recompiles them so we could possibly try such a thing. Someone should help me out!

EDIT:
Here is a link to my site with the decompiled apk

http://74.213.201.55/rooter.7z

bat-signal.jpg

"Someone get a hold of Paxchristos!!! "

It could be possible to change the dev url thingy from com.innopath.activecare to something like net.aus4000.c771root or something of that nature. IDK too much about Java, so...

EDIT: Whoah! That's a LOT of Files to change! At least 70!

It could be possible to change the dev url thingy from com.innopath.activecare to something like net.aus4000.c771root or something of that nature. IDK too much about Java, so...

EDIT: Whoah! That's a LOT of Files to change! At least 70!
You understand that "com.innopath.activecare" isn't really a path, right? it's more of a filename...

Yes, I do know, but the app won't install over without that specific name so I figured if the name is changed, it will install.

however, if you do a search for innopath on the play store, there is an app, think its innopath care2. It might be worth looking at as it asks for a lot of access to your phone.

Back
Top Bottom