• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking about getting the Gear 2?

mbressman

I just got a new Galaxy Note 4, and am seriously considering purchasing the Gear 2 watch to go with it. The main reasons I'm looking at the Gear 2 are:

- it seems to be the only watch (aside from other Samsung watches) that has a camera and can take pictures and videos - is that right?

- The Bluetooth implementation in my Honda CR-V is terrible - I literally can't dial the majority of people in my phone's contacts unless I pre-program some of them first (only have 20 slots for pre-programming) or am at a complete stop and can clumsily browse the phonebook using a scroll wheel in the car. I'm hoping that I can use the Gear 2 to issue voice commands to my phone while driving and initiate outbound calls (that will hopefully then come through via the car's speakers/BT system) - does that seem like it will work?

Also, does anoyne know if I am just able to issue voice commands to the Gear 2 watch to dial contacts in my phonebook, or can I tell it to dial any number I want (i.e. dial 800-999-3355, etc.)?

I'm a little bummed out that the OS is Tizen and not Android Wear, since I feel like Android Wear is going to get greater compatibility and development, but I guess I have to look at what I'm going to get out of it right now vs. a year or two down the road.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Im in the same situation. Would basically want to know if I can control the Note4 from the watch while it is in my pocket. Like make calls and skip tracks

Back
Top Bottom