• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This will be a 2nd phone

gadgetmonster

Android Enthusiast
i bought one of these to play with. I am a droid x owner. For around $20/month, i wanted to try it out to see how the service is in the outskirts of chicago and just have a backup phone.

I'm not expecting it to perform like the X but its going to be a fun toy.

My wife has a Droid X. You'll find the Intercept much less capable and the smaller screen painfully small, especially for web browsing. But it will be a nice toy.

If it's not new, you're going to have to upgrade it to froyo. You may get lucky and once you've activated it, the upgrade will get pushed to you. If not, it's not hard to upgrade it manually. There are several threads in this forum that will walk you through it.

Another big difference between the phones is the Droid X's interface to use your phone as a drive to your computer and the Intercept's problematic capability of being a remote drive with no software to make things easier. Many Intercept users have had problems with this. Again, lots of post on this issue in this forum and the Sprint Intercept forum. The bottom line is that after you've checked the obvious things, it's the cable that causes problems.

Good luck!

Yeah, its a backup phone also and at just over $100 price I paid, its worth whatever I get......We'll see what it comes with. Looks like its arriving today.

@Darkseas, gadgetmonster:
Install a app called SWIFTP and you can access your SDcard over FTP and wifi. Just install the app, connect phone to WIFI, and a desktop/laptop, and follow the steps needed. You can access the SDcard that way =)

I had no issues yesterday; phone activated fine; it prompted me to do the update to 2.2, phone is quite a bit faster and looks more akin to my X now. As for the phone, it works just fine, i have not done a lot with it yet but for $25/mo i feel like i'm getting my moneys worth. I don't have any issues with the service here in the chicago burbs.

Back
Top Bottom