• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thunderbolt versus Incredible-2

offanairplane

Android Enthusiast
I know this isn't the forum for either of those phones, but I am in the same boat as a lot of you here, in that I am presently using a rooted Incredible running GB. And I am probably going to be upgrading close to the end of the year, and I wanted to know something about these phones.

Obviously the TB has 4G and a bigger screen.
But aside from that what are the key differences?
Can anyone please help answer this?

Thanks!

I know this isn't the forum for either of those phones, but I am in the same boat as a lot of you here, in that I am presently using a rooted Incredible running GB. And I am probably going to be upgrading close to the end of the year, and I wanted to know something about these phones.

Obviously the TB has 4G and a bigger screen.
But aside from that what are the key differences?
Can anyone please help answer this?

Thanks!

I believe that's the only difference but the dinc2 has better battery life.

If your not upgrade immediately (i.e. in the next month or so) I would wait till Nov.-Dec. There is supposedly a fresh crop of phones coming out.

these "most likely" will far surpass either the TB or inc2

If your not upgrade immediately (i.e. in the next month or so) I would wait till Nov.-Dec. There is supposedly a fresh crop of phones coming out.

these "most likely" will far surpass either the TB or inc2

Well, I'm not up for an upgrade for over a year and a half from now. But I will be buying a used phone on ebay in December or so, and I can't afford the newest and greatest. I'll have to save that for my upgrade. But I think TB's and INC-2's will be pretty reasonably priced on the used market by then. So I am just trying to decide which one I would prefer.

Personally I think the INC-2 looks nicer, and it's a better size for my personal preferences. But I just need to decide if I can live without 4G. Of course I'm living without it right now, and doing fine. But I guess it depends on how quick 4G spreads.

I realize you didn't ask about them; BUT. If you're waiting until the end of the year you should have the HTC Vigor and the Nexus Prime. Both are touted to be pretty bad ass phones. I'm sure there will be several other great phones out by then as well.

Well, I'm not up for an upgrade for over a year and a half from now. But I will be buying a used phone on ebay in December or so, and I can't afford the newest and greatest. I'll have to save that for my upgrade. But I think TB's and INC-2's will be pretty reasonably priced on the used market by then. So I am just trying to decide which one I would prefer.

Personally I think the INC-2 looks nicer, and it's a better size for my personal preferences. But I just need to decide if I can live without 4G. Of course I'm living without it right now, and doing fine. But I guess it depends on how quick 4G spreads.

The main difference is the screen size and the 4g antenna. Do you live in an area with 4g? big red is rapidly expanding their LTE footprint currently and wil continue to do so.

that being said, I love my INc2, and my GB. Not to mention, we just got root. There are some people complaining about the phone, but I seriously have not had a single issue with the thing. The OTA update went super smooth and the phone has been outstanding since getting it. IMO, if you don't "need" 4g, go with the Inc2.

HTC did release a few updates for the TB in july, so that has fixed a lot of the issues with the phone, like random reboots, ect. Its a sharp looking screen, and runs pretty well. However, I live in an area that doesn't have 4g and probably wont for a bit, so the inc2 works great for me. I'm watching NFL network on it right now as I'm typing this at work, lmao.

The main difference is the screen size and the 4g antenna. Do you live in an area with 4g? big red is rapidly expanding their LTE footprint currently and wil continue to do so.

that being said, I love my INc2, and my GB. Not to mention, we just got root. There are some people complaining about the phone, but I seriously have not had a single issue with the thing. The OTA update went super smooth and the phone has been outstanding since getting it. IMO, if you don't "need" 4g, go with the Inc2.

HTC did release a few updates for the TB in july, so that has fixed a lot of the issues with the phone, like random reboots, ect. Its a sharp looking screen, and runs pretty well. However, I live in an area that doesn't have 4g and probably wont for a bit, so the inc2 works great for me. I'm watching NFL network on it right now as I'm typing this at work, lmao.

I have 4G around my house, and in that area, but at work there is no 4G.

I don't know. It will probably depend on price at that time also, and there's no way to predict that.

I have 4G around my house, and in that area, but at work there is no 4G.

I don't know. It will probably depend on price at that time also, and there's no way to predict that.

I am anticipating a price drop for the TB within the next month or so, seeing as how HTC has a replacement pegged for it, and is planning on releasing it in the winter. So I would be shocked if there wasn't a price cut coming soon on the TB to clear out some inventory on it. Keep an eye out.

I am anticipating a price drop for the TB within the next month or so, seeing as how HTC has a replacement pegged for it, and is planning on releasing it in the winter. So I would be shocked if there wasn't a price cut coming soon on the TB to clear out some inventory on it. Keep an eye out.

Sweet! I hope you're right.

Lol I wouldn't upgrade to either at this point. I'll be getting an unlimited lte dual core phone :)

Lol I wouldn't upgrade to either at this point. I'll be getting an unlimited lte dual core phone :)

I am not in the same situation as you. If you'll read the initial post, you'll see that I am not eligible for an upgrade for another year and a half. I don't want to wait that long to upgrade. So I'll be buying a used phone from ebay. And I am pretty sure there won't be any used dual-core LTE phones on ebay by the end of this year, and if there are I am sure they will be more than I can afford.

I love my Incredible, but I don't want to be stuck with it for another year and a half.

edit: Sorry for the rude tone about reading my initial post.
Just realized how that sounded.

I am not in the same situation as you. If you'll read the initial post, you'll see that I am not eligible for an upgrade for another year and a half. I don't want to wait that long to upgrade. So I'll be buying a used phone from ebay. And I am pretty sure there won't be any used dual-core LTE phones on ebay by the end of this year, and if there are I am sure they will be more than I can afford.

I love my Incredible, but I don't want to be stuck with it for another year and a half.

Honestly, I don't see anything out there as good as incredible. I for one am happy to be stuck

Honestly, I don't see anything out there as good as incredible. I for one am happy to be stuck

Even though the screen is a little larger than I like, I think I prefer the Thunderbolt.

I actually did have one for a little while, right after they first came out, and returned it because it kept rebooting itself for no apparent reason. That was really the only thing I didn't like about it. And I understand they have fixed that problem with a patch.

I just want the 4G mainly.
Anytime I need to update apps, or even download them I end up waiting until I get home to do it via wifi, since the 3G is so slow. It would be nice, to have that speed anywhere I go.

I tend to agree, although if I were up in this timeframe the Vigor would be exciting me VERY much. However, I'm not up for a new phone until next June so I'm not going anywhere.

Even though the screen is a little larger than I like, I think I prefer the Thunderbolt.

I actually did have one for a little while, right after they first came out, and returned it because it kept rebooting itself for no apparent reason. That was really the only thing I didn't like about it. And I understand they have fixed that problem with a patch.

I just want the 4G mainly.
Anytime I need to update apps, or even download them I end up waiting until I get home to do it via wifi, since the 3G is so slow. It would be nice, to have that speed anywhere I go.

As long as everywhere you go is in a 4g coverage area, it would be. :)

I tend to agree, although if I were up in this timeframe the Vigor would be exciting me VERY much. However, I'm not up for a new phone until next June so I'm not going anywhere.

I may end up sticking it out too. Who knows.
It will depend on the price of a thunderbolt at the end of this year, and how much overtime I get between now and then. ;)

Is your last name Homan? I have a lot of Homann's in my wife's family. Same but with one more "n"

As long as everywhere you go is in a 4g coverage area, it would be. :)

It will be eventually.
But for now, everywhere around my home area is 4G, which is typically where I spend most of my non-working time. And then a couple of spots on the way to work have 4G. Right now my work does not have it. But hopefully soon.

Back
Top Bottom