• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Time for a new battery

GNS1310

I tested my phone today and I'll test it again tomorrow...today was light use, tomorrow will be heavy use.

With VERY light use today (handful of texts, checking Twitter periodically...that's about it!) my battery is at 8% after 12 hours.
When I go out and I use my phone for Facebook, Twitter, calls, texts, maps, email, etc...the battery just plain sucks. I'll find out better when i test it tomorrow. I have a spare, so I always have one charged, but they just don't last worth a crap.
I love the size of the phone so I don't want to go too big, what should I look for?
Thanks

Honestly, if you don't want an extended battery due to size, the best you will get is the OEM HTC battery, Laza batteries are really good though and on Amazon you can get two with an external AC charger for about $20. Are you sure it's the battery though? Assuming this is unusually short for you, try installing GSAM Battery Monitor and running it for a couple days and see if there is something using more battery than normal, although if it is pushing past a year, it could be the battery.

31Kywo2P4CL.jpg

about $50 on Amazon for 2750 mAh battery and back cover. (stock battery is 1620 mAh)
Definitely adds some heft to an already not petite phone... but I'm addicted to its stellar battery life.

I went to the extended battery within a month of purchasing the Rezound in November 2011. It worked fairly well ... but still could not go a whole day without charging (or running low). I'm generally near a charger, so it's not too huge a deal. I am considered a heavy user.

Fast forward to recent weeks, my husband just upgraded to a new phone. Golly the new phones are pretty and sleek and thin! Mine is too ... with the standard battery.

I found a place online and got a great deal on non-OEM standard batteries. I now keep one (or two) on a charger and switch out as required. (I also stay plugged in when I can).

Amazon.com: HTC Rezound 4G Standard Replacement Battery 1600mAh x3 (Compatible with HTC Vigor, My Touch 4G) + External Battery Charger w/ USB OutPut + Exclusive Black And Green Color Key Chain Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

So far it works great. I don't have to worry that my phone is low and I can't do anything with it ... I just swap out batteries and move on.

I'm trying to get the sensor to realize where "empty" is ... so I'm running each of them completely dead a couple of times. Yesterday it took 3.5 hours to run my battery dead, streaming iHeartRadio the entire time, playing puzzle-like games during a couple of work breaks, and sending receiving emails. Not too shabby, really. Especially considering I now have four batteries!

31Kywo2P4CL.jpg

about $50 on Amazon for 2750 mAh battery and back cover. (stock battery is 1620 mAh)
Definitely adds some heft to an already not petite phone... but I'm addicted to its stellar battery life.

I recently picked this one up and it is a great battery that lasts a long time. I'm not a fan of the back cover though. I've dropped the phone once or twice and it easily pops off causing the battery to fall out as well. Wish they had a decent case for these as well.

There is a rubber like cover/case that fits the bigger battery. I have it. Help cusion the fall if you drop the phone. I got it at Verizon, but I am sure it is avaialbe elsewhere for probably less.

I recently picked this one up and it is a great battery that lasts a long time. I'm not a fan of the back cover though. I've dropped the phone once or twice and it easily pops off causing the battery to fall out as well. Wish they had a decent case for these as well.

Also, the back isn't flat, so it rocks when you sit it on a table face up. Quite annoying when you want to quickly check texts/emails without picking the phone up!

Back
Top Bottom