• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Time zone issue

Hey all, a little over a month ago, I finally purchased the EVO V 4G. I was holding it off for awhile due to the radio interference problem, but once that was fixed with the update, I jumped all over it (plus Target priced matched...YES!)

Anyway, the phone has been working like a dream for the past month except for a small problem that popped up 4 days ago. The time zone keeps changing automatically. I'm on the East coast, but it keeps changing to Central. It still says the correct city (Orlando), but the time zone changes and the clock sets back an hour. The first time it happened, it almost made me late for work since the alarm was now incorrect.

It's also messing up the weather as well, it won't give me the correct weather. I have to keep updating it.

Granted, I know this isn't a big issue, I just turned off the Automatic Time Zone and manually changed it to Eastern time zone, but I'm just curious if anybody else has had this problem.

Oh btw, the phone isn't rooted, all stock...with all the updates (HTC, PRL, Profile)

this happened to me once.
An incoming email must have fixed it. I was going to go into airplane mode and then turn off airplane mode so all my radios would be forced to reconnect...and get the correct time.
Just as I hit airplane mode, that email came in and the time was corrected before any of the radios turned off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones