• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup Hanging

mattw951

Lurker
Hello All,

I've had the Mesmerize for about two weeks now and gotten to the point where I need to do backups...I have rooted the phone and installed TiBU PRO but am now running into issues.

I can backup/restore my user apps without a problem but anytime I try to backup system data the app just hangs...doesnt force close, or progress.

Has anyone else seen this or know of a fix?

Here is what I have done so far.

Uninstalled/Reinstalled TiBU
Installed BusyBox from within app
Changed App Processing Mode to AUTO Indirect.

Thanks!!!

Check your backup settings. iirc, one of the backup settings looks at the power settings. If the phone isn't plugged in to the charger it doesn't back up.

I highly recommend using Ti with dropbox to perform backups. Not only do you get the phone backed up, but you also have it in a dropbox folder in the event your phone is lost or destroyed.

Have any of you tried contacting the developer of the app?

duh. damn, i feel like an idiot. SO, turns out TB has a nice lil wiki. ... and in reading it, they suggest hitting the "problems?" button in TB.

Well, I updated my superuser and busybox and BOOM! - TB with now working just the way it should.

So, hit the "problems?" button and follow the guides!

:)

Back
Top Bottom