• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium backup help??

Okay.....I thought you were unrooted and rooting for the first time. I am assuming you have TB Pro which allows you the "batch" option. Just do a batch backup of "all apps+data". And when you get your phone rerooted and squared away, you will have to re download TB from the market and install it and then just do a batch restore of "all apps+data" and you should be good to go. Don't forget to reboot after your batch restore!!! That is when everything will go back into place.

Reactions: Buckeye101
Upvote 0
Kind of a new question but I didn't want to just create a new thread:

I'm not sure why, but, save for 3, none of the apps that I restored with Titanium after my most recent wipe are showing up in "my downloads" in the market. It seems as though this would be kind of important if I wanted to receive updates. I have individually selected some and performed "attach to market (forced)", which hasn't worked. I have restored data on some, which hasn't worked. I have also run the "market doctor", which hasn't yielded any results. Nothing has changed in the last few hours and the phone has been rebooted a few times, so nothing there either. Am I just stuck redownloading them all from the market? When I download them, I assume it writes the new data on top of the old data, meaning I am not taking up twice the space?

Frustrating last couple of days....

Upvote 0
Kind of a new question but I didn't want to just create a new thread:

I'm not sure why, but, save for 3, none of the apps that I restored with Titanium after my most recent wipe are showing up in "my downloads" in the market. It seems as though this would be kind of important if I wanted to receive updates. I have individually selected some and performed "attach to market (forced)", which hasn't worked. I have restored data on some, which hasn't worked. I have also run the "market doctor", which hasn't yielded any results. Nothing has changed in the last few hours and the phone has been rebooted a few times, so nothing there either. Am I just stuck redownloading them all from the market? When I download them, I assume it writes the new data on top of the old data, meaning I am not taking up twice the space?

Frustrating last couple of days....

Ok, this also happened to me, exactly as you stated. I used a batch restore and the apps did not show up in the market file, to automatically download updates. It will, you have to open market and let it stay on for a while. I had like 50 apps, and I would say after about 2 hours, they all were on the market download page. I also did the Sync stuff in the settings menu to get all my FB contacts back to normal. that took a day or so for all of them to finally sync back up.

As far as wasting space, all the apps are installed to the exact same locations everytime, no matter what, so no you will not have multiple copies of the same app floating around on the SD card. Also Titanium backs up to one directory and that can be copied over to a PC for extra security once a month or so.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I'd recommend Azrael X as your first ROM, as it has TB built in already. As long as you have root, there should be no reason to re-root. Hm, problems flashing? It seems to me that you have forgotten to put the ROM.zip file onto the root of your SDcard. Once you move it there it's a simple matter of powering off, holding the down volume button and pressing the power button to boot into recovery. vol up and down to navigate menus, power button to select option. select the "recovery" option, and scroll down to "flash from .zip file". As long as your rom.zip is on your root of your SDcard, your should be able to flash away. Need more info, but hopes this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones