• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup Help

gmjlopez

Jan 22, 2010
G-town, CT
I recently rooted my Evo. I installed Titanium Backup and tried uninstalling Wallet, TuneIn Radio, and Sprint Music Plus. But after it finishes uninstalling, my phone restarts and they are back. It only removes the updates, not the app. I never had this problem with my first gen Evo. I've attached a picture. It shows those app with a blue/purple background. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-15-10-31-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-15-10-31-12.png
    147 KB · Views: 125
How can I find out if I have s-off. I ran the rum runner and it seemed to work, just have no way of checking.

To tell if you have S-off, you'll need to boot to the bootloader, also called the hboot screen.

Power the phone completely down. Hold volume down, then press and hold the power button while still holding volume down button. Hold both buttons down for a few seconds. Continue to hold volume down then let go of the power button.
A white screen should appear with a bunch of text at the top, and a picture of Andy the android riding a skateboard on the bottom. This is the hboot screen. At the top, I believe it's the second line of text, it will show ship S-on, or ship S-off. That is your security flag. If it shows S-off it worked, if it shows S-on it didn't.

:)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones