• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Titanium Backup Pro

zachary80

I can't get the program to write to my SD card. If I select it in the preferences it shows as a read only, and all the other options that look like the SD card actually only write to the internal memory. Any ideas?

Its not just tbp. I've encountered issues with camera/gallery apps and other various apps not working correctly with the external SD card.

Are you on KitKat 4.4? That's the first thing that comes to mind since there is that dreaded SD card read only problem with 4.4

Thanks everyone. Phone is stock kitkat 4.4.2 with root. If it fixes a phone-wide problem that explains why my system memory was filling up so fast.

At first glance it looks like it gives me the ability to save to SD using titanium backup but that the phone doesn't seem to be moving apps to the card when I tell it to

It does move to the card when you ask it to. The "internal" card. I think it's the way KitKat is set up now for security reasons. But you can use folder mount for any apps that stay on your internal and move them to your external.

Zach just use the app SDFix that portezbie posted the link for.
It makes it so apps can save to SD card. Give it a go; it fixed my problem.

Zach just use the app SDFix that portezbie posted the link for.
It makes it so apps can save to SD card. Give it a go; it fixed my problem.

I did do the SD fix. The Titanium Backup issue is now corrected.

Donjuro seems to know what I'm talking about but I'm not explaining it properly. The system is simulating the SD card for some reason instead of actually using it. Apps can use it though

KitKat is set up that way but like I said, there's an app called folder mount, I use it to move all my bigger apps over to my external SD card. The app moves your apps to your external card, then simulates or mounts that folder on your internal memory so the app still thinks it's there.

Back
Top Bottom