• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TM L9 WiFi power use went up after update when away from WiFi

ecarlson

I've had my T-mobile L9 for 3 weeks, and received the new OTA Android update 2 weeks ago.

Before the update I could leave WiFi on all the time, even when I left my house, which is mostly the only place I actually use WiFi, and WiFi would not waste much unnecessary power when out of WiFi range.

After the new Android update, I find that I have to turn off WiFi when I leave my house, otherwise WiFi uses up a lot of battery, and the battery life is much worse than normal. When I'm home, with WiFi on and actually connected (I also have WiFi calling active), battery use is good/normal, and WiFi doesn't use much.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there any good solutions/fixes, other than reverting to the old Android version, so WiFi doesn't eat my battery if I leave it on outside my house?

I did a force update a couple of months ago and my battery life increased noticeably. This latest update seems to have shortened it.

Not sure if it's wi-fi. Though I use call over wi-fi and am on wi-fi 90% of the time. I turned on Power Saver full time . . . minor difference.

Back
Top Bottom