• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root To root, or not to root. That is the question.

To root, or not to root

• Total voters

eddieb1983

Aug 16, 2010
I have found threads like this in other forums, but none as far as the Incredible is concerned. I've seen multiple threads that talk about both, but I am undecided because I don't want to completely change my phone around because I would fear the ease of putting it back to stock in case I should have to return it. What are the advantages to rooting? Does it make the phone noticably faster? A friend of mine got the 2.2 update and he complains about battery life due to a lot of the "bloatware" that people call it. However, if I do root, to put it back, I'll have to make sure my sd card is formatted correctly, I have to check if my radio is changed, and all that. When I rooted my eris, it didn't seem to be that difficult.

What do you think?

My answer for this is pretty simple. Don't root if you ever have any intention of being "stock"' again. PERIOD. If you want OTA's, vzw support, etc, then you shouldn't be rooting. Yes, it's possible to get back to stock, but if it was so easy to do, there wouldn't be the number of posts you see here asking the exact same questions how to fix what they broke.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones